prs ce24 part 2

Koa

So I brought my koa ce to a local guitar tech for a string change...I got it back and now it plays completely different, the action is raised and the bridge is not level like it was. Also when I play under distortion the low e is super bassy and fuzzy....ive never incountered anything like this before...sugestions? At this point im furious....im located in the chicagoland area if that helps any...at this point it is either going to ptc or for sale unless anyone has a better suggestion. The guitar sounded amazing before the string change and came to me with 11-49's and I put the same gauge on...

First off, call and see if they will do it correctly because it sounds like they may not understand how to set up a prs.

I made the mistake of using a non prs guy to level frets and set up my ce24. That was a huge mistake in fact it ended up like what you describe. Action too high and when I lowered it the high strings would fret out on half step bends.

Lucky for me he didn't charge a lot and it went to ptc for refret and setup so I feel your frustration.

Second. Watch john mann vid on how to set up prs trem. It's pretty easy to do.

Good luck. Pm me your number if you need further assistance.

No need to sell, just a set up. PRS are tougher than a sloppy tech.

Im in crystal lake all the time...my girlfriend is from algonquin..

Sunday would be the next day I can set it up, unless you can bring it by in the morning before 9:00AM. Will take me about an hour or so. If in the AM anytime this week would work other than Sunday/Saturday morning.

Also id gladly pay for any services. I hated the neck until i played it for about 6 hours and fell inlove with it....im heart broken about it. I broke my neck about 8 years back so certain guitars are hard for me to play

Koa, You have on of the most beautiful guitars I`ve seen. Get in fixed! (or sell it to me!)

Back