PRS CE24 Case

allan

One man one life make the best of what you have
I am expecting to pick up my new PRS CE24 in a couple of days, my question is, l know it comes with a gig bag of which l am not a big fan, but what hard case would you advise
regards
Allan

The genuine PRS multi-fit case is a good choice. Heavy, but built like a tank. Mine live under the bed in the spare bedroom, though. I prefer to carry my guitars around in the more portable Gator ProGo soft shell case or the PRS gig bag.

The genuine PRS multi-fit case is a good choice. Heavy, but built like a tank. Mine live under the bed in the spare bedroom, though. I prefer to carry my guitars around in the more portable Gator ProGo soft shell case or the PRS gig bag.

Ditto this

Check out some of the dealer links. Some offer the PRS case at a pretty good price from time to time

Thanks folks l will sort something out its that l just don't like gig bags maybe its me, but a few years ago l bought a so called quality padded gig bag for my trusty Ovation Pro and with in a couple of months the zip broke, ok l thought l will take it back to the shop only to find they had closed down. anyway thanks for you comments
Allan

I can see for easy of use a padded gig bag has many advantages as for me l don't go out playing my guitars are kept in our spare bedroom, but thank you for replying
Allan

What I forecast will happen is when your guitar arrives you will be amazed at the quality of these gig bags and forget about all notions of a hard case.

Well I am in for a surprise then, and knowing PRS l am sure they are in some ways like Apple what ever they sell is to my mind always first class
thank you Charlie

What everyone else said. The PRS hard cases are split, but weigh a ton. If you're merely looking to protect your guitar from any wild raves you might host, it'll do the job. The PRS gig bag is TOTALLY adequate to protect your guitar from everyday shenanigans. I tote my McCarty to lessons in a gig bag...no way I'm hauling the OHSC back and forth!:confused:

Well I am in for a surprise then,

With the PRS gig bags you have an external pocket with a Velcro fastener at the neck end. This cache is often overlooked and some owners don't even realize it is there. With a little luck yours might contain another surprise inside for you.

With the PRS gig bags you have an external pocket with a Velcro fastener at the neck end. This cache is often overlooked and some owners don't even realize it is there. With a little luck yours might contain another surprise inside for you.

Yep and it has a hook so you can hang your guitar in the closet.

The zippers are very heavy duty on the PRS bags, but I understand some people still prefer hard cases.

thanks for you reply l will have a good look at the gig bag when l pick it up on Tuesday l could have had them send it to me, but my wife and are looking after my sons dog while they are in NYC
thanks once from
Allan (with 2 LL's)

Well the day has arrived depending on what time they will phone me l should have my new RS in my hands, mmmmmm just had a thought ?????? its my birthday in a few days questing is will l persuade my wife to treat me lol

Yeah I was bummed that my CE came with a gig bag at first. The gig bag I got on my old Jimmy Vaughan Strat was crap. It was actually convenient, but the zippers all broke within a month or two. However, the PRS gig bag I had on my SE Santana was really good so I had high hopes on the CE gig bag.

It did not disappoint. Its well made and will stand up to regular gigging. (at least mine has.) And it's so convenient that I am actually glad the guitar didn't come with a hard case. I now throw the guitar on my back, grab my little pedal board and Blues Jr amp for practices sessions. One trip! (gigs are different as we bring a number of speaker cabs - but its still super convenient!) Now I'm thinking if I buy a core model that includes a hard case, I'm going to need to buy the gig bag as well.

Back