PRS CE24 action issue - shimming?

So, Andy (??)...I'm thinking this was a cool (yet a real pain in the a$$...) lesson. And I promise I mean that in the best way. I learned MANY things taking apart my first 10 or so guitars...This will help with a lot of adjustments, and future encounters you have with future axes...Congrats!!! Nice Work, young padiwan!!!!

After reading my own entry, I thought it might come off like a douche...Not intended that way at all.

Last edited:
Not at all Bill. A couple weeks of mild frustration = an awesome set up guitar. Who knows, if I hadn't come here for help, I might have ended up with a broken trem. I have always had someone to set up my guitars for me until my last two, this one, and my torero. Now they are both just to my liking. They are both also my first trem guitars since I was fifteen. I love the prs trem. It feels even smoother than the floyd, and so much better access to the arm. Again, I appreciate all the help :)

That's awesome...that's another selling point or PRS guitars...they really are easy to work on/adjust. Not that other guitars are not...but I have had no issues at all when adjusting anything on people's PRSi...The trick is to just do everything in small increments...Again, Congrats, and glad everything worked out for you. Now go enjoy your toys!!!!

Back