PRS CE 24 Sweetwater Exclusive Guitar Demo by Sweetwater

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
This one has a nitro finish instead of the regular finish.
Mitch also says it has a mahogany neck, but they include some text that corrects it saying it has the maple neck.

Come on PRS, bring back the CE22, I will buy one.
Would love to have a black one with the maple neck.

No offense to this guy, but perhaps back off the coffee when you're going to do a demo. :)

I just found that on Sweetwater's site last night and suffered a really bad GAS attack. You may have saved me, Corey. They'll probably go fast.

Yep, Mitch is always highly caffeinated.

You can tell they simply edit out all the pauses so they can cram as much info in as possible in the shortest time. The same thing is done with disclaimers at the end of commercials.

"If you or anyone you know died after taking this medication …" lol

I realize that it can't be easy making demos of gear and keep it interesting.
The guitar sounded excellent for what was shown, but I really wish they would give it some context.
Just play it against a simple blues shuffle backing track for a couple of minutes and superimpose text highlighting the pickup variations.
I know I'm dense ... I sorta know how it sounds, but still have no idea how it "sounds."
Regardless, I do like this guy, friendly, easy going and appreciate their effort(s).

Last edited:
no no no. No blues. Its a rock guitar. Make it ROCK! People and their blues. I wish the style never existed.

IMHO these do not sound very good and they have a feel I just didn't like. I bought one but, returned it. I really tried to like it. In my opinion all of the SE models are a much better value. I was really disappointed after waiting almost three months for my order to arrive. First, when I first opened it up it did not look very appealing. It just didn't look very nice and don't even get me started on the birds. But, I was willing to overlook that if it sounded great. It didn't. I don't want to go into a lot of detail here and maybe I just got a dud but, in my opinion there shouldn't be any duds.

Back