PRS CE 24 / Availability of certain SE models

Just stumbled upon some of these, so it's not only blue matteo/natural back around...

prs_se_black-cherry-01.jpg

Also just seen a pink one... pink... seemed to be from before 2016 (old SE logo centered on the headstock) o_O:D

DUDE!!!!!!!!! That is AWESOME!!!!!

Today I got a mail from my dealer:
The problem with the nut "has been fixed" and they would offer me to do a quote on replacing the volume pot. Because that ilttle bit of play is due to normal "wear and tear".
Apart from the problem being on the brand new instrument: Wear and tear? After 8 months in a living room?
So last tuesday I told them if there's the risk of a new and pricey volume pot rattling out of the box then I'd like to get it back the way it is. And asked if they replaced or "fixed" the nut.
Still no answer. So I don't know if my CE is on it's way back home or not. Or whatever.

Somewhat unsatisfying... :rolleyes:

So last tuesday I told them if there's the risk of a new and pricey volume pot rattling out of the box then I'd like to get it back the way it is. And asked if they replaced or "fixed" the nut.
Still no answer. So I don't know if my CE is on it's way back home or not. Or whatever.

Somewhat unsatisfying... :rolleyes:

Sucks....hate dealers lime that.

Still no answer. So I don't know if my CE is on it's way back home or not.
Yeah, got a mail today from my dealer:
"Sehr geehrter Herr xxxx,
wir kontaktieren Sie bezüglich Ihrer eingesandten PRS CE 24 Satin GR BK CHE B LTD.
Nach Überprüfung in unserer Fachwerkstatt wurde festgestellt, dass das minimale Spiel am Volumepoti normal ist. Es wurden mehrere PRS Potis ausprobiert. Alle haben wegen der Leichtgängigkeit ein klein wenig Spiel.
Das Problem mit der G-Saite wurde gelöst.
Bitte teilen Sie uns daher mit, ob wir das fehlerfreie Instrument wieder an Sie zurücksenden dürfen."

It's essentially the same as last week and sounds like they didn't read my answer at all...?! What I find interesting is this: They tried several PRS Pots and all of them have some play because they are free moving.
Wouldn't that mean my tone pot is broken? It doesn't rattle and feels very smooth! :D

So the slot for the g string has been fixed, stopped the string buzz between nut and tuning peg. :)
As for the volume pot... http://www.aunix.de/tmp/ce_vol.mp4
I know... it's not really a problem.
But I can't remember having this on any guitar on day 1. And according to my dealer I might as well get the same when buying a new one for 30,- - I'm not convinced PRS volume pots sound like that. Would rather have expected some rattle from the push/pull... ^^

I do have the exact same problem with my Gibson LP Studio. If you look out for "Sticky neck snydrome" you'll find out this happens to quite a lot of people, sadly.
This is why I wax the necks of my guitars with Meguiar's liquid cleaner/ car polish- it prevents the sticky neck syndrome, and worse yet, feeling the lacquer move when you play. When I had G guitars, this was a big problem. It isn't anymore. All PRS for my solid bodies.

This is why I wax the necks of my guitars with Meguiar's liquid cleaner/ car polish- it prevents the sticky neck syndrome, and worse yet, feeling the lacquer move when you play. When I had G guitars, this was a big problem. It isn't anymore. All PRS for my solid bodies.
Might be worth a try. Haven't played my LP for years because of this.... was thinking of sanding it down, but Meguiar's well known, even here in germany. :D

The manufacturing tolerance’s for the volume pots PRS uses are generally pretty tight, I haven’t come across one that has rattled either but, every once in awhile they slip through...

I wish the general public in America followed the myphone color trend, I would love to see a glut of rose gold guitars.
Resurrection quote:

As a former manufacturers rep for some of the top potentiometer makers in the world, Noble in particular, I can tell you straight up, the deviation from spec is WAY sub 1%. Any of the major factories yield the same quality...CTS, Bournes, Alps, etc. You might think that you’ve never heard of Noble, but if you have a USA PRS with a push-pull pot, it’s probably a Noble. After selling literally millions and millions of pots, from experience, I know that sh*t happens, but very rarely. Now, companies that we considered complete crap back in the day, like Alpha, have stepped up their game and become a really good name. But none of this replaces good QC measures at WMI/PRS/Dealer to find duds. Yes, it’s a major PITA to replace a pot at that point...and expensive...but come on, someone should know their product well enough to not let substandard product reach the customer. I’m looking directly at the reseller since most issues happen due to shipping mishaps that PRS would never know about.

Back