PRS CE 24 (2017) 3-way toggle switch

surfswithalien

PRS CE 24 (2017)
My 3-way toggle switch is malfunctioning. When I select neck pick-up the guitar is silent most times, but sometimes it works. The CE 24 has the split-coil feature on the tone nob (which works fine). It's just the 3-way toggle switch that is not working well.
Please recommend which part number I should purchase online to replace if it sounds faulty.
If it sounds like loose wire and not faulty, I would appreciate a link to some video that shows how to fix.
I'm in Australia, things are still in lockdown and I can't get out to a guitar shop to have a tech do the job.
Cheers

If the cleaning doesn’t do the trick, check to see if the metal tabs on the switch are making solid contact when switched. If not, it’s very easy to gently bend them back for full contact.

Last edited:
Try cleaning the toggle switch with contact cleaner first. It's a pretty common issue with guitars. The cleaner typically works. If not I'd order a switchcraft.
+1

Everyone should own a can of Deoxit for this purpose.

The next thing I’d try is to check the solder joints.

Cleaning, then gently bending are the first two steps. If you look at the switch and move it, it's pretty easy to see which tab will need to be bent. I recently went through the same thing w/my DGT. No issues in months since then.

Back