PRS Case Thread

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;44740 said:
Not Stock number. Artist Stock number. Like a Private Stock number - but Artist Stock.

Whew! You had me worried there for a moment.

Interestingly, my '93 Artist II had a number, #32 was lettered on the back of the headstock, but my 2011 A-V doesn't have one. Did yours come with some sort of number beyond the S/N? Or is 2011 simply when you got one of the older ones?

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;44740 said:
Not Stock number. Artist Stock number. Like a Private Stock number - but Artist Stock.

Sure that's what it means, I call that you are still hiding just how many from Heather. :laugh:

Just ordered one of these SKB PRS cases from Sweetwater yesterday.
Not that I need another case, but I have had GAS for one for awhile :D
SKB 3i-4214-PRS

Super huge pic

It will arrive Friday, and I am anxious to see how my Tremonti fits in it.
The SE Tremonti Customs neck does not lay as flat in the standard PRS cases as I would like, even though the guitar fits it fine.
My other PRS guitars necks lay perfectly flat in their cases.

Artist package case-2012
DSCN5629.jpg

I have had brass plates engraved for the outside of the case to identify all of my guitars.

2513010_zpsb191cbbe.jpg
[/IMG]
2513015_zps83e081da.jpg
[/IMG]

Corey, that looks like a rugged case - and cool guitar!
Thanks, I really like the case, and I am enjoying the SE Tremonti Custom too.
Takes a but to get use to after playing the other guitars, it is heavier and fatter :D
I have had brass plates engraved for the outside of the case to identify all of my guitars.
Now that is very cool.
I just use the tape machines to put on the names on the side and front of the cases.
I will get a pic of that when I get my new case cabinet delivered.

Thanks! Based on your endorsement and also the other positive reviews, I just ordered one.

But now I wish I hadn't. I hate the way the leather wraps around the eight corners. Pointy and not wrapped tight around the rounded corners. My Sweetwater PRS case is going back to Sweetwater and I'll be out the return shipping cost. Here's the case. If you look at the corners you can see how pointy they are. Just a little more effort and it would have been a nice case. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ampaign=none&gclid=CLXl7Y_Bn7UCFYxaMgodJEUAPg

I think the problem stems is that the Sweetwater no longer carries the multifit case.
They now only sell the vintage case which is the one you have.
I have bought five of the Multifit, and they are nice.
Not sure why Sweetwater quit stocking the Multifits.

Just a bump for this thread.
I had mentioned in this thread I have a custom cabinet coming soon for all of my cases.
The store picked it up yesternight from their custom shop carpenter.
They have to stain it and put on the lacquer or whatever protective finish they use, and then add the four castors to the bottom.

Here are two naked pics for ya :D
It is made out of birch and will be stained mahogany.
I should have it delivered Saturday at the latest.

Ahhh, too cool, as I was typing this post, he just sent me the third pic of it with the first coat of stain on it.

sneak_peek1.jpg

sneak_peek2.jpg

sneak_peek3.jpg

I will get some nice pics of if this weekend with it loaded up with the cases and a guitar(s) laying on top of the closed lid which will be for minor surgery :D
Compartments are 1' deep, so they should hold a lot of accessories, and there are four of them.

This is my 1992 Custom in its original case. Note that the neck sits parallel with the lenght of the case and not angled like previous and later cases.
The worst cases IMHO as it can create a ding in the headstock by the low E tuner in transport.(as it happened to me, maybe you can see the ding in the pic.)
Glad they changed it fast, back to angled position.
DSC_2443.jpg

Wow Corey, that's looking great!
Thanks, I will be glad when it finally is in my home.
Corey, that's pretty sweet! How much does something like that cost if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks John.
Not cheap, close to $1.6K.
Our carpenter at work said that is the going rate for labor, wood, supplies, and profit for the shop, as the carpenter is contracted.

The shop just emailed me these pics a few minutes ago.
It is done, but he wants the second coat of polyurethane top coat to dry overnight.
They will deliver it Saturday.

sneak_peek4.jpg

sneak_peek5.jpg

More pics tomorrow.

Back