PRS Cables. . .

I’m quite fond of my 25’ Straight / Angle cable.:)
One thing that hasn’t been mentioned yet - it seems to resist tangling up on itself due to it being extra flexible.

^ This.

They’re all I use for that reason. I remember Paul stressing that point at the Experience when they were first introduced.

Well-made and dependable, too.

Signature, by Van Damme.
van-damme-1000x600.jpg

The higher end PRS cables are indeed made by VanDamme in England, and they're among the lowest-capacitance cables you can buy. This matters because the higher the capacitance, the more high frequency loss that's experienced over a cable run.

To give you an idea, the VanDamme is 26 picofarads per foot. Mogami, a very fine studio grade cable, is 48 pF per foot. A lower number is better.

This means you can run 20-25 feet of PRS cable and not hear high frequency loss, where you'll hear after 10-15 feet with Mogami. Monster is a higher capacitance cable as well, but I don't have the numbers on that.

They're also light weight, don't tangle, and lay flat on the floor. Abbey Road studios was re-wired entirely with VanDamme a few years ago. It's very, very good cable.

There's only one guitar cable with lower capacitance, Sommer of Germany's highest-end cable (16pF), but it's much stiffer and much more expensive. I only use the Sommer I have for super-critical clean recording, for everything else the PRS VanDamme cable is top notch.
Great to know! Thanks

I’ve got a couple of the Signature cables. They’re right in the capacitance “sweet spot” and don’t tend to tangle.

I did look up the price of the raw cable and it’s very inexpensive if you’re a DIYer

Back