PRS Brain Trust, advice needed: SC vs SC

Trading my LP for which Singlecut:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a 2012 SC Stripped 58.
One of my favorite guitars.

These are GREAT guitars! Very natural feeling to me and has a definite LP sound and response.
An improved LP. Better fret access and build quality.

Mine is Trampas Green. Bought used, but in excellent condition.
I like it better’n any Gibson LP I’ve owned (about 5).

Satin is only one letter from Satan.

Yes, and Santa is Satan rearranged. Red is a color associated with both. Co-incidence?

And Satin is Stain rearranged. So be careful you order "Stained Blue" and not "Satined Blue" by accident, right Sergio?

And Santana is Satan with "a" and "n" mixed in.

I could go on, but I gotta refill my coffee, so I'll hit "post".

Satin is only one letter from Satan.

I hope we can disagree as gentlemen.

Satin is about the feel, and the feel is like well-finished wood, not a layer of plastic.

The only sad about the satin finish is that it buffs up where it gets touched and it looks less good. Still feels great though!

Great choice in the Stripped 58. The blue was really pretty but the Stripped will sound better:
57/08s are amazingly responsive and three-dimensional, some my very favorite PAF types.
I have a set i one of my McCartys; the tone is both seductive and highly addictive.

I hope we can disagree as gentlemen.

Satin is about the feel, and the feel is like well-finished wood, not a layer of plastic.

The only sad about the satin finish is that it buffs up where it gets touched and it looks less good. Still feels great though!

Of course we can and should. :) I actually like satin in certain applications. I agree about “feel” and prefer it on necks. What leaves me scratching my head is why one would select a highly-figured piece of wood (like the top where feel isn’t really a factor) and limit the beauty of that figure behind satin. But, I’ll be the first to agree that this is a subjective opinion, and I defend the right of others to express theirs (when it doesn’t intentionally harm others).

I was actually attempting humor with my earlier remarks and meant no disrespect. I also try to keep my comments positive (but occasionally fail :oops:). To each his own; no right or wrong.

Great choice in the Stripped 58. The blue was really pretty but the Stripped will sound better:
57/08s are amazingly responsive and three-dimensional, some my very favorite PAF types.
I have a set i one of my McCartys; the tone is both seductive and highly addictive.
I really look forward to trying these pickups. This will be the first time I’ve played any of their vintage/reissue style pickups.

I really look forward to trying these pickups. This will be the first time I’ve played any of their vintage/reissue style pickups.

The 57/08s are amazing. They are single-handedly THE thing that sold me on PRS. Also, coming from the Jackson/Charvel world, with high gain pickups, I found that the expression in my playing has increased ten fold because of how those pickups respond. I mean, the "wood" is AWESOME too, lol....

Out here in commiefornia you get a big bag of cilantro with every purchase of Birkenstock’s shoes (and a Biodiesel sticker for your Mercedes diesel).

Back