PRS Bolt On also Cores?

I hate core exercises. Even when I was in “basketball shape” and working out all the time, I HATED setups, crunches, any of that even “core” stuff. IT HURTS!
No pain no gain! Your heard it back then and it is true today!! I am sure you are in better shape than most of us anyway, so no need for the pain at this point (unless you want to impress self)!!!

I hate core exercises. Even when I was in “basketball shape” and working out all the time, I HATED setups, crunches, any of that even “core” stuff. IT HURTS!
I used to do hot Yoga where we heat up the core with vinyasa's first and then do the yoga moves. I dreaded that part.

It was excruciating and a great pleasure when over. Meaning I felt great afterwards and real loose!

As others have said I would consider old CEs core and the Silver Sky core as it has a USA carve and gen3 steel bridge designed for it. Not sure i would consider the dusty guitar a core tho as those pickups aren’t even PRS

No pain no gain! Your heard it back then and it is true today!! I am sure you are in better shape than most of us anyway, so no need for the pain at this point (unless you want to impress self)!!!
Actually, I need to do some core burning, as much as I hate it. Past a certain age, doesn't seem to matter how hard you work out, that belly fat doesn't want to go away. :rolleyes:

I got on the plank kick a couple years back when Shawn had that challenge, and was trying to do some of those type things on top of elliptical, biking weights, etc. But I haven't done any of those in a year now. :(

As others have said I would consider old CEs core and the Silver Sky core as it has a USA carve and gen3 steel bridge designed for it. Not sure i would consider the dusty guitar a core tho as those pickups aren’t even PRS
So it’s not the same bridge as the CE?

I was just browsing the 'verb and came across a Mira that was specified as "Core" from 2008 but it has an S2 type carve and electronics package.

Is this just sellers hyperbole or is it a Core?

CE uses the same bridge as the SE line. Silver Sky has its own bridge (which is likely made in Asia also).

Dumb question: but are core bridges and tuners made in the USA? I had a feeling they were imports too. I know originally the bridges were made in the USA.

Dumb question: but are core bridges and tuners made in the USA? I had a feeling they were imports too. I know originally the bridges were made in the USA.

I want to say the tuners are Gotoh but I can't recall the bridge. Someone will chime in.

Part of what makes the S2 & Bolt-on range what they are is the 'neck'. By using a Scarf joint, they can make more necks in a short time from less wood (less waste) and a LOT quicker than it takes to make a 'single' piece neck - with all the waiting in case the wood moves/twists after having a chunk removed.

As the Silver Sky has the same 'S2/Bolt-on' neck - albeit with its own headstock/carve and 'in-house' US made pups, that puts it firmly in the Bolt-on range like the Dusty Waring which I have also seen called 'Core' - and always just assumed that this was used as its easier than saying US made Bolt-on range - especially when those models in particular are the only US made version of those models.

With the Silver Sky in particular, 'Bolt-on' is a given for that style of guitar and could get confusing if trying to refer to the way the neck is attached or the range in which it fits in the PRS line-up. US made version is often simplified to 'Core' - especially now there is an SE on the market.

As PRS themselves classify this as part of the 'Bolt-on' range, and classify the core with 1piece necks, traditional violin carve etc then I will continue to think of this the 'same' way PRS themselves do...

I still laugh that new SS is 2.5k and comes in a bag, albeit the nicest of the gig bags they provide

I think part of the confusion is that we try to apply “Core” to guitars made before Core was a product line.

Is the US SS a Core guitar? No. It’s part of the Bolt-On line.

Screenshot_20220116-100742_Chrome13f21b354bb3dbc2.jpg

Back