PRS body carve recess on custom 24

Runningman

I've just tried a USA PRS and noticed some differences between the SE. Most I expected but one that I wasn't was that there seemed to be a recess around the edge of the guitar top and when the body carve starts to rise.

What I don't understand is that when watching PRS build videos on the CNC with the body flat it does not appear to have a recess around the edge of the guitar. Do USA PRS cores actually recess slightly around the edge, or is it an illusion the edge is actually flat? What's going on here?

mRMw6iB.jpg

Da1hn3C.jpg

It's a violin carve. It is not flat. You are not illusioning it.;)
Oh I was wondering what that meant. It looks really cool anyway.

So it's a S shape top, it goes down first then up to the middle? Do you know how deep it it compared to the edge because it dosent even look to be more than a mm deep.

It's a violin carve. It is not flat. You are not illusioning it.;)
You've got to remember to Use Your Illusion. Other wise a Civil War could break out - Don't Cry about that! It will make you Estranged!

Anyway...yes, the violin carve is a feature of the Core PRS models. I like it, but it does provide a sharper edge for your strumming forearm if you lean on it that way compared to a Strat, for example.

Oh I was wondering what that meant. It looks really cool anyway.

So it's a S shape top, it goes down first then up to the middle? Do you know how deep it it compared to the edge because it dosent even look to be more than a mm deep.
It's probably not more than a millimeter. I just grabbed one of mine, and I think it appears to be more than 1 mm because of how high the violin carve is at the pickups.

You've got to remember to Use Your Illusion. Other wise a Civil War could break out - Don't Cry about that! It will make you Estranged!

Anyway...yes, the violin carve is a feature of the Core PRS models. I like it, but it does provide a sharper edge for your strumming forearm if you lean on it that way compared to a Strat, for example.

Man, those jokes are like beating a Dead Horse into Dust 'n Bones. But there is no need to Get in the Ring as I believe in Live and Let Die.

Man, those jokes are like beating a Dead Horse into Dust 'n Bones. But there is no need to Get in the Ring as I believe in Live and Let Die.

One of us needs to go take a walk in the cold November Rain.

Have Patience. It's So Easy to forget about the Spaghetti Incident and take that stroll through Paradise City

Alright you guys, knock it off. What do think, this is some kind of Chinese Democracy?

Boring answer.

I think it makes it easier to scrape the top edge of the faux binding and therefore frame the stained/figured tops.

However you ain’t the first to ask this.

Back