PRS bass lifting fingerboard, missing nut

Scott Kaplan

I have this PRS bass the fingerboard has lifted off and on the sides the filler material has come off Also on the back of the neck there's a split and another on the head stock as shown in photos How should I go about fixing it? https://imgur.com/a/qwQPxmY

Dude!!! That is a MASSIVE restoration project. If PTC is taking work, then I'd send to them. But, I am pretty sure they aren't at this time.

In all honesty Scott I can’t answer that.

With damage like this there can be a multitude of issues, neck alignment, truss rod, fretboard, structural integrity etc.

I would speak with a reputable luthier and ask their opinion when they have the instrument in hand.

I'd let it sit in the dry music room for a while so it can dry out. Anything done while its still moist will become undone quickly.

Or make it a two string slide bass. Then fboard and whatever don't matter so much.

I don't think its a real PRS and likely not worth fixing but it could be a fun project instrument to experiment on , possibly dip in epoxy and finish.
It has all the hallmarks of being a (very abused) Bass-4.

If it was in "good" working condition it would be worth around $1K to $1.5K.

As it is right now, it isn't worth fixing - you'd spend $2K and/or countless hours of labor and still have a mess.

Back