PRS appreciation...revisited

Solteroblues

I seem to go through cycles, where I am only interested in PRS style guitars, then I switch back to only wanting to play my LP's. I just went through my LP phase (I have a '16 Traditional and a '17 Standard) and I still love them, but for some reason, I decided to grab my CU24 the other night. I played the standard for a while, but put it down for something different. Sat down with the PRS, and immediately I noticed just how much lighter she was, how she seemed so much smaller, and easier to play.

I think of the differences kind of like women... I love the bountiful curves of Ashley Graham (LP) but giving Scarlett Johansson (PRS) a go is a great change of pace! LOL

Just wanted to share!

I feel the same way I've been selling all my strat / double cut style guitars for only SC type. There is just something about a single cut that I prefer but cant really put my finger on it.

I seem to go through cycles, where I am only interested in PRS style guitars, then I switch back to only wanting to play my LP's. I just went through my LP phase (I have a '16 Traditional and a '17 Standard) and I still love them, but for some reason, I decided to grab my CU24 the other night. I played the standard for a while, but put it down for something different. Sat down with the PRS, and immediately I noticed just how much lighter she was, how she seemed so much smaller, and easier to play.

I think of the differences kind of like women... I love the bountiful curves of Ashley Graham (LP) but giving Scarlett Johansson (PRS) a go is a great change of pace! LOL

Just wanted to share!

I know I'm excited now..... What about the guitars again?...... o_O

I go in cycles between my two PRSi. I'll be all about the SC for a week, then I pick up the EG and I'm all about that for a week and a half. I love both, but I think my inner Strat cat gets the best of me, the EG is actually still my favorite. It is ridiculously comfortable, for one. It almost melds to my body, which is a blessing for a big guy. And that neck! Just a sublime instrument. Sometimes you need a heftier guitar, though, and the SC 250 gets me there. And both stay in tune despite my most diligent efforts to the contrary.

I feel the same way I've been selling all my strat / double cut style guitars for only SC type. There is just something about a single cut that I prefer but cant really put my finger on it.

I know what you mean. I love my DCs - and I have to say, my top choices are all DCs except for the Tremonti, there is something that feels like home with a SC. Must be all those years playing that LP copy. Don't get me wrong - if pushed, I'm pretty sure I'd say I prefer the DC 99.5% of the time, but that SC feel is just so familiar.

I find the overall ergonomics and tones of my PRS guitars a better fit for me than my old Gibsons. So I switched a long time ago.

However, Gibsons are still charming guitars as well.

Just wanted to share!
Bigamist!

I just got my 25th Anniversary Custom 24 back from a full pro setup after letting it languish for nearly three years while I played/pursued my other PRS guitars... I got it in 2010 and played/gigged it almost exclusively for five years. Then I left the band I was working with at the time and started looking for other things and started looking at some of the other PRS guitars I'd been acquiring too... My 25th got shelved and neglected; it was kind of grimy after years of abuse, the G string was binding at the nut, and there were all these newer shinier guitars out and around me on stands and I just kind of ignored it for three years... Anyway, I was taking my Tennessee Rose in for a plek and a setup (because off-the-shelf Japanese Gretsch playability falls somewhere between "meh" and "blech") and I decided to grab my ol' 25th off the stand and drag it in too for a work over... I pretty much haven't been able to stop playing it since I got it back; man I love this guitar!

I do the same thing. Sometimes I get so attached to one of my guitars I start carrying it around the house like a child with a security blanket, or just in case it runs away while I'm making a cup of tea and not looking at it. Then the other half starts to get jealous and I have to assure her they aren't more important than her. She doesn't believe there are others like me, but we all know different.

I do the same thing. Sometimes I get so attached to one of my guitars I start carrying it around the house like a child with a security blanket, or just in case it runs away while I'm making a cup of tea and not looking at it. Then the other half starts to get jealous and I have to assure her they aren't more important than her. She doesn't believe there are others like me, but we all know different.
Thank goodness - I thought it was just me that did this

Back