PRS AP P22 Trem Trampas Fade Rebuild!

HighGain510

Just one more...
I'm sure most of you guys are familiar with the P22 AP that got stolen recently and that PRS has graciously offered to rebuild a P22 Artist Package replacement guitar for me! I just got the first update that the woods have been selected so I figured I'd start a new thread focusing on the positive of this awesome build (especially since some folks weren't even reading the last thread... reading "THAT GUITAR IS SWEET!!!" comments on a guitar that got stolen stings a bit! :rofl:) and I'll post updates as I receive them! :top:

Here's a refresher on the specs for the new P22 build:

P22 Artist Package Specs said:
BODY
Top Wood Artist Grade Flame Maple
Back Wood Mahogany
NECK
# of Frets 22
Scale Length 25”
Neck Wood EI Rosewood
Fretboard Wood Brazilian Rosewood
Neck Shape Pattern
Fretboard Inlays Artist Birds – Green Ripple outlines with Green Select centers
Headstock Brazilian Rosewood
HARDWARE
Bridge PRS Tremolo
Tuners PRS Phase III
Truss Rod Cover Brazilian Rosewood
Hardware Type Hybrid
Treble Pickup P22 Treble
Bass Pickup P22 Bass
Pickup Switching P22
COLOR
Trampas Fade (pictured below):

P22_AP_RW_Trampas_Fade_2_zps28e0fd94.jpeg

P22_AP_RW_Trampas_Fade_1_zps65f58091.jpeg

P22_AP_RW_Trampas_Fade_3_zps262d8d5f.jpeg

P22_AP_RW_Trampas_Fade_4_zps08109aef.jpeg

First new update! The specs were submitted last week for approval and the order was placed, so the original promised date was early December. Today I got some AWESOME news, turns out they had an AP IRW neck blank with a BRW fretboard ready to roll in assembly so that should speed up the build time by a few weeks! I received a few pictures of the woods selected for the build:

PRS_P22_Trampas_Fade_Rebuild_1_zps6391cee4.jpg

PRS_P22_Trampas_Fade_Rebuild_2_zps3d00e606.jpg

PRS_P22_Trampas_Fade_Rebuild_3_zps4bc8092a.jpg

The top is nice and light in color, so the folks at PRS said it would be ideal to take the Trampas Fade stain! I'll post more updates as I receive info, should be hearing back this week with the revised promised date but the fact that it has already been bumped up a bit is awesome! SO EXCITED!!! :D

Wow I totally missed the stolen thread! Sorry to hear about it.

This is so cool of PRS to do this, the fact that you have in progress pics is just awesome. It's like a mini-PS build!

This guitar will be that extra bit more special to you now, and it's looking fantastic already.

Mercy. That top. You sure you don't want it in pink though??? :biggrin:

Looking good! I'm really digging that neck. :top:

Thanks, me too man! Everything is just perfect so far! :D

Wow I totally missed the stolen thread! Sorry to hear about it.

This is so cool of PRS to do this, the fact that you have in progress pics is just awesome. It's like a mini-PS build!

This guitar will be that extra bit more special to you now, and it's looking fantastic already.

Yeah man it happened back in September sadly. :( As usual, PRS has stepped up in a big way and are taking excellent care of me! It truly is a mini-PS build for me, I actually tried to buy that original P22 AP Trampas Fade pictured above from Willcutt but while the auction was still up, it seems someone had bought it from them a few hours before I had called so I missed out. This build actually ended up making up for that loss for me completely since I'll still end up getting a Trampas Fade P22 after all, and this one is coming with the P22 trem too! :rock:

Mercy. That top. You sure you don't want it in pink though??? :biggrin:

I actually AM quite a fan of Bonnie Pink, but there is something else out there coming my way eventually in a sweet shade of pink... :flute:

Matt, this makes me so happy to hear you are being taken care of!!! I was kind of following all this when you first received the previous guitar, I think it was Aqua Fade??? It was such a beautiful guitar. Then I read about how it was stolen and was immediately sympathetic as I have had gear stolen from me too, which is such a sinking feeling. This really blows me away at the level PRS goes to ensure their customer relations is nothing short of top-notch. In fact, I recently talked my brother/band-mate to invest in a PRS instrument - not only because of the outstanding quality of their instruments, but also because of the level of customer dedication PRS has demonstrated in many of the stories I've read on this forum. All in all, this company is really a rare bird (pun intended) when it comes to a a major manufacturer's relations and dedication to those that support them. Congrats, man...I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this one come together. :rock:

Last edited:
Matt, this makes me so happy to hear you are being taken care of!!! I was kind of following all this when you first received the previous guitar, I think it was Aqua Fade??? It was such a beautiful guitar. Then I read about how it was stolen and was immediately sympathetic as I have had gear stolen from me too, which is such a sinking feeling. This really blows me away at the level PRS goes to ensure their customer relations is nothing short of top-notch. In fact, I recently talked my brother/band-mate to invest in a PRS instrument - not only because of the outstanding quality of their instruments, but also because of the level of customer dedication PRS has demonstrated in many of the stories I've read on this forum. All in all, this company is really a rare bird (pun intended) when it comes to a major manufaturer relations and dedication to those that support them. Congrats, man...I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this one come together. :rock:

Yessir, it was Aqua Verde Fog finish, truly beautiful finish in person too! PRS has seriously stepped up here and I couldn't be more pleased with how great all the folks @ PRS have been throughout all of this. :) Had the current gov't shutdown not put a bit of a financial kink into both my plans and my bank account, I had another PRS I planned to snag from a dealer immediately but until that all gets sorted out and I go back to getting paid again, things are on-hold right now. As long as that one is still available, she's definitely coming home to me once things settle down and I have the funds ready to go, I'm just not able to swing it until everything calms down and returns to normal. :(

That looks like the makings of something special. I'm glad things are working out for you.

That's gonna be a stunner. Congrats. Sorry to hear about the theft, though. String 'em up and castrate 'em!

Thanks, me too man! Everything is just perfect so far! :D

Yeah man it happened back in September sadly. :( As usual, PRS has stepped up in a big way and are taking excellent care of me! It truly is a mini-PS build for me, I actually tried to buy that original P22 AP Trampas Fade pictured above from Willcutt but while the auction was still up, it seems someone had bought it from them a few hours before I had called so I missed out. This build actually ended up making up for that loss for me completely since I'll still end up getting a Trampas Fade P22 after all, and this one is coming with the P22 trem too! :rock:

I actually AM quite a fan of Bonnie Pink, but there is something else out there coming my way eventually in a sweet shade of pink... :flute:

Aw yeah! Me too...kinda... :wink:

WOW....

That is really cool!

Precedent has been set here! Now if my PRS guitars get stolen, PRS will just build me a new one!

Thanks for the tip!!

This is really fantastic news as I'm waiting on my P22 Trem AP to arrive. (order was placed in July...so this is NOT a case of sour grapes...to those thinking it)

I didn't realize that PRS has such an insurance plan.

I don't want to be the party pooper here.....but the original poster, or someone from PRS....NEEDS to clarify the phrase "graciously OFFERED". This really sounds like PRS is just going to give you a $4000 guitar for free because of your loss.

It sounds REALLY unbelievable...and this post is just the type to have all sorts of guys thinking "Well, if he got a freebie, why not me...."

So...let me also join the chorus of "sorry for your loss"...but I'm a bigger fan of fairness...

To the original poster: If your story is accurate...then shame on you for basically rubbing it in the nose of EVERYONE on this forum. "Haha, I get a free AP guitar" Have a little integrity. There are MANY people on this forum that wish they could afford such a nice guitar with such added appointments. You're just flaunting it. And that's ignorant. If this is a case of PRS "building you another one......because you PAID for the rebuild, or some insurance company did"...then say so. Because...AGAIN.....for much we ALL love PRS guitars (otherwise we wouldn't be here on the Forum)....people, and sentiment, WILL quickly turn ugly (and it's human nature) when it's found out "so and so got a sweet deal...but you can't have the same deal".....Frankly, I call "BS" on this whole story. The first guitar was a P22 Aqua Fade. But now it's gonna be a P22Trem in green? Sounds a LOT like "getting a second guitar"....just sayin'
This "story" has lots of holes....

To anyone from PRS: Where do I sign up for this plan? Will the insurance certificate be in the case of my P22Trem AP? Do I have to call for it? Does this apply to other PRS purchases too? What do I need for a free guitar?---a police report? An insurance report? A note from my grade 7 teacher?
Get back to me right away...since my 25th Ann SAS-NF purchased new only a few months ago, is ready to be replaced! (yes....sarcasm for those not familiar with it)

To be clear.....I am a HUGE fan of PRS...and I will be the first to say "thank you" for all the things they do as a company that any other guitar company wouldn't have time for. It's the entire reason I *ONLY* own PRS....and recommend them to anyone that will listen to me breathlessly extoll their virtues....but....

So.....like I said.....the original poster, or someone from PRS...NEEDS to clarify this comment. I will be the first to say it could just be worded poorly, or perhaps I can't read and understand English. But my understanding....leads me to be...not so "understanding" of your "plight"....

And yes...I know I only have a few posts here.....and yes...I *know* I will come off looking like the jerk....but that's fine. If anyone is concerned, they can reach me directly at: [email protected]

Thank you

Tony

Last edited:
WOW....

That is really cool!

Precedent has been set here! Now if my PRS guitars get stolen, PRS will just build me a new one!

Thanks for the tip!!

This is really fantastic news as I'm waiting on my P22 Trem AP to arrive. (order was placed in July...so this is NOT a case of sour grapes...to those thinking it)

I don't want to be the party pooper here.....but the original poster, or someone from PRS....NEEDS to clarify the phrase "graciously OFFERED". This really sounds like PRS is just going to give you a $4000 guitar for free because of your loss.

It sounds REALLY unbelievable...and this post is just the type to have all sorts of guys thinking "Well, if he got a freebie, why not me...."

So...let me also join the chorus of "sorry for your loss"...but I'm a bigger fan of fairness...

To the original poster: If your story is accurate...then shame on you for basically rubbing it in the nose of EVERYONE on this forum. "Haha, I get a free AP guitar" Have a little integrity. There are MANY people on this forum that wish they could afford such a nice guitar with such added appointments. You're just flaunting it. And that's ignorant. If this is a case of PRS "building you another one......because you PAID for the rebuild, or some insurance company did"...then say so. Because...AGAIN.....for much we ALL love PRS guitars (otherwise we wouldn't be here on the Forum)....people, and sentiment, WILL quickly turn ugly (and it's human nature) when it's found out "so and so got a sweet deal...but you can't have the same deal".....Frankly, I call "BS" on this whole story. The first guitar was a P22 Aqua Fade. But now it's gonna be a P22Trem in green? Sounds a LOT like "getting a second guitar"....just sayin'

To anyone from PRS: Where do I sign up for this plan? Will the insurance certificate be in the case of my P22Trem AP? Do I have to call for it? Does this apply to other PRS purchases too? What do I need for a free guitar?---a police report? An insurance report? A note from my grade 7 teacher?
Get back to me right away...since my 25th Ann SAS-NF purchased new only a few months ago, is ready to be replaced! (yes....sarcasm for those not familiar with it)

To be clear.....I am a HUGE fan of PRS...and I will be the first to say "thank you" for all the things they do as a company that any other guitar company wouldn't have time for. It's the entire reason I *ONLY* own PRS....and recommend them to anyone that will listen to me breathlessly extoll their virtues....but....

So.....like I said.....the original poster, or someone from PRS...NEEDS to clarify this comment. I will be the first to say it could just be worded poorly, or perhaps I can't read and understand English. But my understanding....leads me to be...not so "understanding" of your "plight"....

And yes...I know I only have a few posts here.....and yes...I *know* I will come off looking like the jerk....but that's fine. If anyone is concerned, they can reach me directly at: [email protected]

Thank you

Tony

Uhm ok? Read his thread before this one and you will see why PRS decided to replace his stolen guitar.

Congratulations Matt, the new selected top looks so SICK!!! Trampas Green fade is just an amazing finish.

WOW....

That is really cool!

Thanks for the tip!!

Thank you

Tony

I think you missed the back story on the stolen guitar buddy....

Awesome, I'm happy for you!
I am liking the Trampas fade green. Can't wait to see the final result!:top:

Back