PRS Angelus models

I've pretty much decided to save my pennies and make the trip up to Asheville if it's still around in a month . It's my favorite place in the south and only a half day trip . That shop is appointment only and is like Holy Grail central for beautiful acoustics.
Dream guitars?

I've pretty much decided to save my pennies and make the trip up to Asheville if it's still around in a month . It's my favorite place in the south and only a half day trip . That shop is appointment only and is like Holy Grail central for beautiful acoustics.
Well worth the trip. Nice people and lots of great guitars.

Yes indeed .. the ultimate candy store.

I've been having a blast hunting around .. there are some truely stunning Cocobolo and Brazillian OM sized instruments out there , I'll continue the search for another 6 weeks and see what those twin sisters Fate and Karma have in store .

For reference my other acoustics are : 1998 Taylor 612C ( Flame maple grand concert) with LR Bagss Dual source , Taylor 856CE (Grand Symphony rosewood 12 string cutaway) Taylor k26CE ( all Koa GS cutaway) Taylor GS Koa Mini E , 1976 Takamine C-128 rosewood classical, Old bell brass Dobro model 20

Last edited:
Les provided a very nice write up. I agree with him on his with choices with Taylor‘s and Martin‘s and his change to PRS private stock. For context I used to play out solo with a Martin D 41, a Taylor 712, Taylor 12 string 800 series 1970s D 35. I only kept the 1992 Taylor 712 Indian Rosewood body cedar top, and I have a different Taylor 12-string now. I don’t remember the model number (in the closet right now).

I only play PRS acoustics now, one private stock Steve Fisher 2010 Angelus cutaway, Adirondack, Spruce, top, Cocobolo back and sides. Absolutely the most incredible tones. I like Guitars with Rosewood back and sides, but don’t forget the PRS acoustic‘s are hard braced on back wood so the back doesn’t vibrate as much, only the top. So the projection sound is a bit different than what you would get for my Martin and a Taylor. Cocobolo provided me with a really nice tone coupled with this Adirondack spruce top, but I would say more throaty what you would get from a Martin or Taylor, same goes for my 2013 Tonare Grand…. My main acoustic guitar. I actually preferred the mahogany back and sides. It was more mellow than the Rosewood version. Both Guitars has so many overtones, and I can only describe them as a acoustic guitars with the overtones of a piano. I would like to someday get one with a Maple back and sides for the reasons Les describes. Keep in mind I played a one-man acoustic show, so I preferred a well rounded tone with a lot of overtones not something that just cuts to the mix with the band.

aMyakXB.jpg

IKGJB6m.jpg

6VAHNjT.jpg

Uz2Gu4F.jpg

Some photos of the Tonare Grand, not the latest though … it’s in rougher shape now but built like a tank! Lot’s of solo shows.

aPbpXqy.jpg

tYR4zkp.jpg

UEQElVG.jpg
Simply stellar instruments!

Yes indeed .. the ultimate candy store.

I've been having a blast hunting around .. there are some truely stunning Cocobolo and Brazillian OM sized instruments out there , I'll continue the search for another 6 weeks and see what those twin sisters Fate and Karma have in store .

For reference my other acoustics are : 1998 Taylor 612C ( Flame maple grand concert) with LR Bagss Dual source , Taylor 856CE (Grand Symphony rosewood 12 string cutaway) Taylor k26CE ( all Koa GS cutaway) Taylor GS Koa Mini E , 1976 Takamine C-128 rosewood classical, Old bell brass Dobro model 20
WOW!! Some fine instruments there!! Can't wait to hear what you find next.

That sounds wonderful! Nice crisp playing too.
I have to say...... (hear it comes)..... I would love to hear that beautiful PS PRS Acoustic you have, all by itself. I know you have the equipment, do you think you can record a sound demo? I'm sure there are many here who would appreciate that. If you've done that already I never heard it. :)

This would make up for losing out on the Mc Manus .. A GA Bourgeois ..The Premium Redwood top is paired gracefully with the stunning set of Figured English Walnut back and sides and fully bound with Cocobolo
wzdg6icmd3dhhtkniwwu.jpg
r0zispwiglsgiowrhfdu.jpg

now if I had an extra 10K burnin a hole in my pocket .. My old dobro would love an electric sister ..

I got a 2012 Angelus a few months ago and it sounds just like that. Mine has an Adirondack top and isn't PS, but it's an early USA. I would have assumed it was my guitar if I just heard it without seeing it on the screen.

Last edited:
I have to say...... (hear it comes)..... I would love to hear that beautiful PS PRS Acoustic you have, all by itself. I know you have the equipment, do you think you can record a sound demo? I'm sure there are many here who would appreciate that. If you've done that already I never heard it. :)
I've done it, to be sure! I probably posted it here, or maybe in my old forum. I'll hunt around for it.

Back