PRS and Death Metal

Hey Will, What Death Metal Bands have you / do you play in here in the cities? My kid was deep in the scene for years. Played with GraveSlave, went to Europe with them, Rings of Saturn and Orion. Oklahoma Caddy Shack was his band too.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums, we've got fun and games! we've got everything you want, though some of us don't know our names.

Sorry I was listening to G'N'R' earlier and the tune was stuck in my head. But, welcome anyway!

Death metal isn't my thing, perhaps with a couple of exceptions way back when. Curious what guitar and pu's you use though?
Sorry to bump an old thread, but always need more death metal :)

PRS would surely have a place in (death) metal, especially with the Tremonti or \ m / pu's.
Trevor Peres from Obituary plays a HSS strat for example, so even that is possible.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but always need more death metal :)

PRS would surely have a place in (death) metal, especially with the Tremonti or \ m / pu's.
Trevor Peres from Obituary plays a HSS strat for example, so even that is possible.
The 85/15 pickups in my CE24 have been used to play from Be'lakor to Insomnium or Dark Tranquillity and they are second to none. It's true that the Tremonti may cut better through a busy mix, but these guitars are able to handle almost anything.

Be'Lakor, now there's a name you don't hear often. Love their music!
Melodic death metal can at times feel stagnant, but these guys are 2 steps ahead of everyone in the genre. They are in the middle of an European summer tour and I was lucky enough to attend their show at Munich 2 weeks ago...not everyday these Aussies get out of their homeland!

\m/’s and Tremonti’s are obvious choices for death metal. 85/15’s are good too.
Less obvious choices are DGT’s and TCI’s (as in Pauls guitar or MEV), but both actually work great for high gain.

Back