PRS Amp Love

I'd love to try a Paul's Amp -- I love my HXDA and DG30, and the Paul's has to be a great piece of gear just on pedigree.

Any chance you'd post a clip?

I was really shy about posting clips for a long time, because of my playing limitations, but I think it helps everyone get their heads around how the gear sounds, something that's hard to put into words.

Les.....I'm not really set up to record adequate clips...has nothing to do with me being shy....although I can be sometimes...:creep:.I think most people around here would tell you it is far harder to get me to stop playing than it is to get me to play.:violin::biggrin:

Darn! I'd love to hear that amp, and there don't seem to be any around here.

Bob is MORE than able to show off that amp (I've heard you. I know what you can do. ;)). And if you just took out your phone and took a selfie video, we'd hear that amazing amp. If I can do it, anyone can. I've set the low bar, so you don't have anything to worry about. :p

if you just took out your phone and took a selfie video, we'd hear that amazing amp. If I can do it, anyone can.

It's true. Even I learned how to make a video and upload it and I didn't graduate from high school.

Cool stuff DB. Congrats on the tweaks and such. Paul's Amp seems to be a winner. The people that have one swear by it.

Bob is MORE than able to show off that amp (I've heard you. I know what you can do. ;)). And if you just took out your phone and took a selfie video, we'd hear that amazing amp. If I can do it, anyone can. I've set the low bar, so you don't have anything to worry about. :p

Hey! I set the bar FAR lower last year...

You gotta limbo to get under my bar!

Sorry to hear that!

I had good results with the rig today...the Lehle box let me split the signal into both the HXDA and the DG30. Even though my main purpose is to run one amp at a time from the same pedals without having to plug and unplug, it was cool to hear both amps at once.

Even at low volume, it was an interesting sound, since the two amps compliment one another (that part I knew from earlier one-at-a-time recording sessions.

I kept the DG relatively clean, and the HXDA relatively dirty, so there was nice clarity, and at the same time plenty of dirt. Varying the volumes of the two amps did different things. Fun to try that live as opposed to hearing it in a recording mix.

PRS amps really are the...er...stuff. ;)

I like this idea!!!! Miss ya Man! I thought I heard rumors of you going out to LA though....:flute:

my bassist has one of those we use sometimes...we also use a cheap zoom one that works well enough with the band...I typically don't have the time to break up set recordings into individual tracks...so it ends up being one looooooooong recording.
I would record a practice the same way.
My handheld is actually a zoom h4n and has two mics at 90 degree offset. It has a really long remote which makes it easy to record little stand alone clips.
I am going to LA, but not for a little while so there is a window for a quick shot east.

I get the exact same condition with my SuperD and my current set of =C= EL34s. But I have to run both master and volume at 3:00 or higher. It only gets pushed that hard at 2 gigs a year, so I just put the head on the ground. But one of those gigs is next month so I'll get a chance to experiment soon.

Back