PRS amp for creamy blues

There was a “C” amp, with Cinemag transformers, and an “H” amp with Heyboer transformers. Transformers all behave a bit differently from one another, and very much affect the tone of an amp (or for that matter, a mic preamp, recording console, microphone, and many other audio things that need transformers).

For example, the highly-prized vintage Neve preamplifiers were built around Carnhill transformers, a British company.

In any case, transformers add color and character to the tone of audio gear, and unlike some solid state amps, tube amps require transformers in order to pass audio.

Good to know. I was thinking they also had different tubes, 6L6’s & EL34’s.

Been playing around with a Sweet 16 head in a local shop and got some killer light to mid breakup Blues Tones with it.
Am seriously looking at picking up a C head in the future for the type tones you are talking. Own a Archon 50 head and a MT 15 now.
Think the C head is the better classic rock and blues tone than the H personally. It's more a feel thing for me than anything.

This is my MT-15 clean side boost pulled and running a Keeler Push OD. Didn't think it was to shabby for a smokey blues rock tone!
This the crunch side of the MT 15 amp only except for a touch of verb in the loop

Been playing around with a Sweet 16 head in a local shop and got some killer light to mid breakup Blues Tones with it.
Am seriously looking at picking up a C head in the future for the type tones you are talking. Own a Archon 50 head and a MT 15 now.
Think the C head is the better classic rock and blues tone than the H personally. It's more a feel thing for me than anything.

I haven't played a C but had an H. I'd like to compare them, or hear comparisons, sometime.

I have 2 H combos....EL34s. The Cs have 6L6s. I have not played on a C so can't compare.

Either one can get that fat and creamy tone. Did these amps a lot....

Back