PRS amp cabs made in China?

IMO, speakers may be the biggest single factor in getting "your" tone. The tones you want may be gotten with several guitars and several amps, but getting the right speaker gets everything else in the chain closer to the tones you want. So... you have to sort of know which ones you like best, even if only generally, when asking for suggestions.

I like some Eminence speakers that I've had, and love the two Warehouse speakers I've had or heard in the affordable range. I've heard good things about the Fane's that Avatar has. Scumbacks are more but probably worth it. But in each, you'll need to pick the type of speaker you want. And, are you looking for two different ones to use individually AND to mix together?
I'm looking for a 1x12 cab to pair with my HXDA combo (which is a 1x12, 16 ohm) - I want 1x12 because they are typically 16 ohm, so would match well with the combo speaker load to let me use the 8 ohm setting, whereas almost all PRS 2x12s are 8 ohm.

In theory, it would allow me to "spread out the sound" by having the amp combo point in a different direction (horizontally) than the cab it would be sat upon. And hopefully, by being a different speaker than the stock HXDA, offer a slightly different tone.

Maybe I should just keep trolling for a US-made PRS 1x12 cab at a steal of a deal price, regardless of tolex, so I can have a solid platform for speaker swapping. Or just get a non-PRS 2x12 ( :eek: ) with two 8-ohm speakers in series, resulting in 16 ohm apparent impedance.

Back