PRS Aluminum Stoptail VS. MannMade 2300

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Ironwolf, Mar 8, 2019.

?

For Tonal properties do you prefer the PRS aluminum stoptail or do you prefer the MannMade 2300?

1. Individual adjustable brass saddles MannMade 2300

71.4%
  2. PRS One-piece aluminum with grooves for strings

14.3%
  3. PRS DGT ha ha

14.3%
  1. Ironwolf

Ironwolf I'm a Dog! I do Dog Things!

I'm forming the opinion that the MannMade 2300 is an amazing upgrade. perhaps we should just put it in the category of different tones available. because the standard bridge is also very nice.

however I just purchased 2018 Experience Paul's guitar, and it seemed like a really cool slurry tone, like smashing pumpkins tones, P90 tones, slightly different than I remembered my 2013 Paul's guitar. I started comparing it to my core Mira, which I had previously upgraded to the 2300 mannmade, and it really seemed to bring that guitar to life.
    so I went ahead and put the MannMade 2300 on the brand-new $5000 Paul's guitar, fully prepared to immediately swap it back to the aluminum,in fear.
    but holy crap what an amazing improvement.:)
    I swapped it back, once to confirm what I was hearing. it appeared to me that the aluminum bridge allows all the strings to communicate with each other too much creating that slurry tone. the individual brass saddles have created fantastic high definition note clarity. it's such an amazing guitar now all the other guitars are in the closet.
    the aluminum is just a different tone for me. is it a placebo effect?
    [​IMG]

2. pauloqs

pauloqs PRS McCarty

I wonder if you’d find a difference between the MannMade 2300 and the PRS adjustable one piece bridge. And if you did, which one would you prefer.

3. Bowtiefanatc

Bowtiefanatc #NeverGibson

I know that I hear a true difference on my SE One when I swapped to a Schroeder adjustable bridge. I also hear a small difference in the Schroeder adjustable vs the tonepros that was on my SC245.

Ironwolf and dogrocketp like this.
  4. dmatthews

dmatthews Dave's not here...

Fantastically beautiful!
    The bridge tops it off nicely

5. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

I don’t know much about the Mann bridges, but, man, that is one gorgeous guitar!

Ironwolf likes this.
  6. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc Get in, loser, we’re going shopping.

I’m gonna go with the one piece aluminium.

Bodia was rad enough to gift me a 2300 and it altered the string tension and ruined the “magic” of the particular guitar I put it on. I took it off and swapped the old one on and it immediately returned to being awesome again, plus I think I like the idea of less moving parts and the feel is sublime.

I live and die by John’s trems, think every other trem is a downgrade compared to his, and feel his artistry is unsurpassed... but the 2300 just isn’t for me.

I’d love to give one of those brass impregnated stoptails like you took off the Paul’s a spin though.

7. Emmanuel

Emmanuel New Member

which bridge..?
    Enjoy this great instrument with the original bridge or not :)
    Great model, colour and top. Simply stunning!
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

LSchefman, dogrocketp and bodia like this.
  8. Ironwolf

Ironwolf I'm a Dog! I do Dog Things!

[/QUOTE]
    Paul outdid himself on this one, the TCI single coils are spectacular, both switches up in single coil position, middle position is hum canceling, such a fantastic telecaster sound,
    the dynamics are so sensitive you can hear the wood, with every slight change of picking dynamics, and the MannMade bridge accentuates the dynamic wood tones.
    the neck pick up is amazing and tight, but I'm in love with the bottom 3 positions. 1. bridge single coil vocal quality/pick attack, 2.hit the micro switch down to full humbucker completely different powerful voice, then 3. back to the middle position with both single coils. OMG. tone and volume knob interact extremely powerfully. roll the tone off about 30 to 40% instant violin.

LSchefman and dogrocketp like this.
  9. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

Paul outdid himself on this one, the TCI single coils are spectacular, both switches up in single coil position, middle position is hum canceling, such a fantastic telecaster sound,
    the dynamics are so sensitive you can hear the wood, with every slight change of picking dynamics, and the MannMade bridge accentuates the dynamic wood tones.
    the neck pick up is amazing and tight, but I'm in love with the bottom 3 positions. 1. bridge single coil vocal quality/pick attack, 2.hit the micro switch down to full humbucker completely different powerful voice, then 3. back to the middle position with both single coils. OMG. tone and volume knob interact extremely powerfully. roll the tone off about 30 to 40% instant violin.[/QUOTE]

I have the Paul’s pickups on my 20th PS Anni model, and I freaking LOVE the way they sound. My guitar has the PS locking trem, though, and I have no experience with John’s bridges. However, they’re fantastic pickups!

Ironwolf likes this.