prs all the way?

Archie090612

how many of you guys used to own a les Paul, stratocaster... and now only ever use prs ?

Pretty much my case. I have a Strat from the 80s that hasn't been out of its case in almost a year. A JP70 7string that's pretty dusty. That has more to do with 7 strings though. I don't go there much.

I do have an Xotic S type that gets some love. I'd say 98% of the time it's a PRS.

I still own a Les Paul and a Stratocaster, both of which I haven't touched in quite a while. My S2 CU 24's are my guitars for stage and studio. They just have "it".

Last edited:
I'm a creature of habit I played my les Paul for about 10 years without trying anything else but I got a custom 24 in 2007 the neck feels great not sure if it's down to it being Indian rose wood and I like the sound of the vintage bass/Hfs pick ups suit me really well

I have a number of PRS and enjoy them, but my #1 go-to are my EBMM AL's
I also have quite a few other makes & models that I visit from time to time.
It's a very personal thing... that's why there are so many choices available. I also find that different guitars inspire different playing, as many others have discovered....

As a wise man once said - "play what makes you happy..." :D

Half and half now, couple of Knaggs on board so that is almost like not cheating.

"Gee honey, she's your sister - it's almost like not cheating!" :eek: (Doesn't work - or so I've heard...)

Mostly PRS in terms of ownership and even more in terms of playing. The most-used non-PRS are my Larrivee acoustic, my mother's Fender 12-string acoustic (currently set up just for Nashville tuning), my EVH stripe, a EBMM Petrucci and a Hamer Duo-Tone. My LP and Strat haven't seen action in a while, and my Charvel sits in the living room for occasional noodling, but hasn't seen a recording in years.

I haven't really played that many but comparing my one to other makes and models I've played they seem really modern but without skipping on quality my prs stays in tune better than all my others the neck seems super smooth it's just a win win

I'd buy a Core acoustic as soon as available. I wont buy a private stock because I don't play acoustic as much as electric and I don't want a far eastern one, either.

Back