PRS ACC-4255 Multi-fit Electric Guitar Case-SOLVED

Frank Luke

Pathfinder69
May be simple answer but I want to be sure before I order. Sweetwater and others do NOT have the ACC-4255 anywhere in the details or title of the case.
Just want to make sure (yes dumb and paranoid) that the :
PRS Paul Reed Smith ACC-4255 Multi-fit Electric Guitar Case
is the same case as the:
PRS Paul Reed Smith Multi-fit Electric Guitar Case.
Thanks

So I just bought the multi-fit case from Sweetwater. Arrives Friday. IMHO the soft case is terrible.

IMHO the soft case (gig bag) is terrific. I guess it depends on what you expect it to do. It's durable and well built and serves to protect the guitar from liquids, light, temp, and humidity changes. It was never intended to protect like a hard case. Many players take their PRS out of the hard case and travel with a gig bag because the hard case isn't needed for things like... well... gigs.

IMHO the soft case (gig bag) is terrific. I guess it depends on what you expect it to do. It's durable and well built and serves to protect the guitar from liquids, light, temp, and humidity changes. It was never intended to protect like a hard case. Many players take their PRS out of the hard case and travel with a gig bag because the hard case isn't needed for things like... well... gigs.

GTFO... the gig bags are great for what they are.

Yep, I agree. Anywhere I go with a guitar, it goes in a PRS gig bag. Each to their own, though. No wrong answer here.

Yep, I agree. Anywhere I go with a guitar, it goes in a PRS gig bag. Each to their own, though. No wrong answer here.
I had been using PRS gig bags for my solid-body and semi-hollow PRS electrics, SE, S2 and core, but I found that when standing up the foam "bottom" (where the bottom strap pin sits) doesn't protect quite as well as I'd like, due to bandmates and other "helpers" moving my guitar-in-bag around. Nothing damaged yet, but I was feeling uncomfortable. So I procured a couple of Gator gig bags - one soft-sided but extra padded for double-cut PRSi, one with a hard shell inside for the P245SH and most other SC-shaped PRSi (but not the SC HBII - that guitar is just a tad too thick, annoyingly).

Perhaps, well sure, I shouldn't say the PRS gig bags are terrible. They are just NOT for me, OK. The bags I do have have hard rubber pads on the body end so you can stand the guitar up if needed. But I do not even uuse those anymore. I am not a beginner or new to this. I have been playing out for over 30 years.
I just prefer HSC. The bags I do have from years past came with some guitars. I never use them. ATM, I do not even play out anymore, just jams once in a while. But I like to transport my guitars in a HSC...Thanks . It's all Good!

Back