PRS 8 & 10 Pickups

Brad737

This space for rent...
Hello all,
I've seen some pickups for sale recently that I've never heard of. Anyone know the story regarding #8s and 10s? Any idea what they sound like? The one seller said 8s are only wound for Paul's own guitars and close friends. Sales BS?

Sales BS?
Nope.

#8 pickups have never been used in production. They are stock on guitars Paul Reed Smith has made for himself or his friends. The #8 bass is a full range pickup with warm yet clear characteristics. Similar in tone to the 245 pups.

PRS #10 Treble: Not currently stock on any model, a smooth and musical sounding treble pickup that can sound aggressive yet stays creamy in the high end.

PRS #10 Bass: Not currently stock on any model, this is a warm and buttery sounding pickup that compliments many musical styles.

Hi - just came across this thread while researching #8 pickups. I just bought a 2007 SC with #8 Treble and Bass pickups. Is it true that these where only made for Paul and his friends?

Also, I have a push/pull control on a tone knob (besides the 3 way standard switch), is this standard?

Thanks.

Hi - just came across this thread while researching #8 pickups. I just bought a 2007 SC with #8 Treble and Bass pickups. Is it true that these where only made for Paul and his friends?
Yes. The #8 was never used in production.

Also, I have a push/pull control on a tone knob (besides the 3 way standard switch), is this standard?

Thanks.
I've never seen #8's with a push/pull tap. How do they sound?

Wow - a bit hard to explain. When compared to a custom 24 and Mira it has a warmer fuller sound - switching seems to raise the treble.

Sorry I couldn't explain it better.

I have a #8...... Had to make an azz of myself to get it tho!!!

Brad.......wanna try a set of each out???? I really don't know all the background about them, but I have a set of both. I also have a set of PAF +'s that I have no clue what they were built for or what they sound like.

IMG_2419.jpg

IMG_2412.jpg

Santa was berry berry good to me a few years back.:top:

Brad.......wanna try a set of each out???? I really don't know all the background about them, but I have a set of both. I also have a set of PAF +'s that I have no clue what they were built for or what they sound like.

Might nice offer by thewhitey! :)

Hi Whitey,

I'd love to. How much are you asking?

Thanks,
bs

IMG_2419.jpg

IMG_2412.jpg

Man, that sounds like fun. But I'm not set up to do any sort of recording. Perhaps we could get Chris to give it a shot?

I have a set of Nickel #8s. No idea what they sound like. I won them in a raffle, years ago @ one of the old PRS Forum events. Never installed them...

Jamie

Back