PRS #6 Pickups: They ROCK IMO!

Korina Jack

As I read up on the PRS #6 pups, I was surprised on what I read. I own McCarty pups, Dragon ll pups, PRS #7 pups, 57/08 pups all of which have a place in the tone palette for any guitarist. Share your thoughts on the not so loved PRS #6 Pups. I find them to be really versatile, powerful and in the split coil mode frankly really useful. Thanks!
AvUCqpz.jpg

I really liked them in my SC std. They don’t have any extreme peaks or valleys in their eq curve, making them fairly flat. Part of what makes them versatile. It’s also the reason many people don’t care for them I think. No flair or anything that makes them jump out.

Were they in the older (2005-ish) AP singlecuts??
If so, I love 'em.

(Hell, I love whatever's in them...)
I remember seeing them the most in the satin Singlecut standards, maybe Singlecut trems shortly after or around the 20th anniversary models.

my 2007 AP SC had #7’s(25” scale). I think the original 245 SC came out with 245 pickups around that time too.

Last edited:
I like 6s. I like them on the limited run of SC trems with IRW necks, one of my favorite PRS models.

the only guitar I have with #6 is a SC trem with IRW neck. It sounds great. I have / or have played various PRS pickups and these are near the top for me. Or at least they sure for well with that guitar

I owned a SCT Standard with #6s, and they suited that guitar well. My SCT 20th with a maple top, not so much. 59/09s are in there now. (avatar)

Back