Prs 513

gioforce76

Bartender to the stars
a couple months ago I bought a 513 , some of you guys saw the post . It had an extra switch on it which turned out was just a kill switch. After a few months of playing it , I like how it plays and looks but I’m really not sold on how it sounds. Today I used that guitar and my kotzen tele both through a Mesa boogie express 5:25 and the kotzen tele sounded killer compared to the 513 . The 513 is noisy especially on the single coils. Even on the humbuckers it was noisier than I thought it would be. I might mess with it some more and see if I grow to like the sound more but I think I like my kotzen teles and custom 22s better.

That hardly sounds right. I find it hard to get any sort of bad sound out of mine, though I prefer some of the 13 sound options to others.

I know they’re slightly different pickups but, I had to fool with the height of my DC3’s pickups a bit before finding the sweet spot.

I’ll give that a try
Go steady when adjusting pickup height on 513s especially the earlier ones with a pcb if you adjust one screw too much the pcb can flex causing dry joints, intermittent no sound faults so make small adjustmebt to all 4 screws on the humbuckers especially ;-)

Go steady when adjusting pickup height on 513s especially the earlier ones with a pcb if you adjust one screw too much the pcb can flex causing dry joints, intermittent no sound faults so make small adjustmebt to all 4 screws on the humbuckers especially ;-)
Thanks , this is a newer one I don’t think it has the pcb board in it.

Back