PRS 509 - Wood Library Run

Bryan Shaw

Hello, everyone. New to this forum, so I thought it smart to introduce myself. My name is Bryan, and I've been playing guitar for about 18 years. Glad to be here!

I have a question and thought you all might be able to help. Right now, I'm looking to purchase a Wood Library run of the PRS 509. The only thing is, there doesn't seem to be too many available (def. not with Sweetwater, my preferred dealer). Knowing this, is there any information about new Wood Library runs dropping in 2019?

I saw on this forum last night that a few people got together last year and expressed interest to a dealer. That dealer was then able to get a run going, a run that was produced and delivered about 4-6 months after a group of users showed interest. Is that an option? If so, anyone interested?

Hello, everyone. New to this forum, so I thought it smart to introduce myself. My name is Bryan, and I've been playing guitar for about 18 years. Glad to be here!

I have a question and thought you all might be able to help. Right now, I'm looking to purchase a Wood Library run of the PRS 509. The only thing is, there doesn't seem to be too many available (def. not with Sweetwater, my preferred dealer). Knowing this, is there any information about new Wood Library runs dropping in 2019?

I saw on this forum last night that a few people got together last year and expressed interest to a dealer. That dealer was then able to get a run going, a run that was produced and delivered about 4-6 months after a group of users showed interest. Is that an option? If so, anyone interested?

I can't remember who, but I do recall seeing them in the 'Dealer' section. It maybe worth looking there for them and see if the dealer has any of there special run still available. I think at one point there were 1 or 2 left...

Not sure what type of specs you're looking for. There were 5 or 6 of us that grouped together for a WL509 run that Brian did. It started as an off handed comment in some random thread. There were a couple of "I'd do one of those" type comments, and the next thing you know @Tosca was sending out PMs to those of us that had mentioned some interest. He reached out to Brian about doing this run. Brian said he would do it if we could get 5 guys to pre-order, and pony up a down payment. So, if you're at all interested in Maple neck, maple board, maple top and Swamp Ash body, I believe there is still one left from this order that has not come in yet. Here's an example (this one is mine):

http://briansguitars.com/product/pa...ist-509-brians-limited-bonnie-pink-smokeburst

Might not be a bad idea to reach out to Brian and find out.

Not sure what type of specs you're looking for. There were 5 or 6 of us that grouped together for a WL509 run that Brian did. It started as an off handed comment in some random thread. There were a couple of "I'd do one of those" type comments, and the next thing you know @Tosca was sending out PMs to those of us that had mentioned some interest. He reached out to Brian about doing this run. Brian said he would do it if we could get 5 guys to pre-order, and pony up a down payment. So, if you're at all interested in Maple neck, maple board, maple top and Swamp Ash body, I believe there is still one left from this order that has not come in yet. Here's an example (this one is mine):

http://briansguitars.com/product/pa...ist-509-brians-limited-bonnie-pink-smokeburst

Might not be a bad idea to reach out to Brian and find out.

----

That's a great idea! Love the run you all did as well. Your 509 looks sick! That pink is super unique. How does it play? Maple lend itself to that "Strat" sound?

----

That's a great idea! Love the run you all did as well. Your 509 looks sick! That pink is super unique. How does it play? Maple lend itself to that "Strat" sound?

Thanks! Yes, I'd say this version adds a little more "snap" than the traditional 509 recipe. Especially if you roll the volume back a little bit. It's a phenomenal guitar. Their method of "naked" maple necks is to die for.

Thanks! Yes, I'd say this version adds a little more "snap" than the traditional 509 recipe. Especially if you roll the volume back a little bit. It's a phenomenal guitar. Their method of "naked" maple necks is to die for.
---

Just reached out to Brian. Thanks for the info and for taking the time, @bodia. Much appreciated.

For anyone who is interested, I have a dealer at Sweetwater that is open to working on a new 509 Wood Library run. We’d need to have a few express interest and be willing to get involved. For what it’s worth, I really dig the Swamp Ash / Maple combo with a quilted top but that’s open for discussion. If interested, let me know. If not, well, can’t blame a guy for trying. Reply to this thread if you’d like to know more. We’ll start there.

Back