PRS 5 Way Blade on an SE Custom 24

simonyahn

Does anyone know if the PRS 5 way switch would work on an SE Custom 24 or would a typical Super Strat Switch be fine. I like the idea of the Core Custom 24 5 way switching layout and would like to also have the push pull be able to access the other 3 pickup combinations that are available in a 24-08 layout. In my head and from some videos I've seen a Super Strat switch would work to accomplish these things but not sure if the PRS 5 way switch is fundamentally the same cause I don't see any diagrams/schematics on it.

PRS core 5way works, and I don't see why a strat 5way wouldn't work. I've never used one on a PRS, but I have used the freeway 10 way, a 5way with 2 banks of switching.

A super switch is more capable and much cheaper than the PRS switch. The only question is the width, but I think the narrow super switch will work fine. https://toneshapers.com/products/oak-grigsby-lever-switch-5-way-4-pole-superswitch-narrow

The PRS switch is essentially a super switch with some lugs removed and turned into a two-pole switch.

Here's how I mapped it when I was learning the switch:
q8Gj4Uw.jpg

PRS wiring (pre-TCI) on a super switch:
636BLkM.jpg

Here's another way to do the same thing (which I think is a little cleaner on this switch):
11VAp9h.jpg

Back