PRS 408

Vintagefr3ak

Hi guys !
Last friday, I had a call from my musicstore.. : Finally ! My PRS is arrived ! I can't wait to pick it up...I wish I could see my head when the salesman opened the box : Waw... I waited for 5 months and IT'S FINALLY MINE, my first PRS and I can take it in my hands ! I'm so happy :D
Here are some pictures of my beauty :D

s6p3iWj.jpg

1Slnt2i.jpg

BFiAmVD.jpg

5QF6XQZ.jpg

It's a PRS 408 Artist Package, blue fade color, hybrid hardware, ebony fretboard and an IRW neck (WHAT A NECK... SO COMFORTABLE!!!)

Sorry for the bad quality of some pictures... I think I'll do some in better conditions if you want !

You guys may help me for something... Can I clean my IRW neck with the PRS fretboard conditioner ? ^-^

What a beauty with that one piece top and the specs are identical to my AP 513
you will not stop playing on that awesome smooth neck

congrats, enjoy rocking it

Welcome to Club 408! That's a beauty - and the rosewood neck is a great combo with that. I wouldn't mind an ebony board myself....

Congrats!

The only thing I can say at the moment is the combo IRW neck with ebony board is awesome !
The ebony is so smooth for the bends ! A big difference compared to my mex Strat..
The IRW is so... arh... I don't know if I may say that in public :laugh:
Waw, that's awesome..
For the tone, I had to change the whole setting of my MB Lonestar (compared to my Strat setting).. I had to turn down every frequencies, especially the middle :eek:
The sound is warm, maybe a bit to much (I wanted that!), that's why I turn down every frequencies..
Now, I think I've my amp well balanced with the 408..
The thing that "shocks" me is I really turned down the gain channel for my clean sound.. The pickups are very sensitive..

WAW, it's a new world for me... The world of great guitars ! Thanks PRS, I realy love mine <3 :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the update on tone and playability. It sounds very much in line with my experience with a 408 from a short run. It is not an Artist Package (quilted 10 top), but does have the BRW neck and board. I would guess it has a bit less brightness than yours with the ebony board. But the 408 pickups definitely do require a little rethinking of amp settings. In a very good way.

It may be as much in my head as my hands, but I really love the feel of the RW neck......Especially since you can feel the wood rather than a slick finish coating.

Can I clean my IRW neck with the PRS fretboard conditioner ?

I also have a 408 with a rosewood neck and wondered about the same thing. I would think any conditioner for a rosewood fingerboard should be ok for a rosewood neck. Any more advice anyone?

Back