PRS 408 Artist Package Blue Fade Action!

HighGain510

Just one more...
I ended up letting my Santana RW AP Blue Fade go because I fell in love with the top and stain on this beautiful 408 AP Blue Fade and I really wanted to give the 408 pickups another shot. Well, let me tell you... I'm REALLY glad I did! They're definitely on the modern side of the pickup spectrum which is great for me as this beauty is going to be dropped down to Drop-C tuning and throwing down some metal! \m/ The neck pickup is stunning too, I find I run it in split mode 80%+ of the time because the "singlecoil"-like tones just sound fantastic on both clean and lead duties. Honestly to my ear, even with some volume and tone tweaks I don't find them to sound like true "singlecoils" (hence the quotes hehe) but that's what I figured going into it, the same way I bought a DGT for the hum tones and the split tones are just a bonus. I don't really expect to hear a strat when I plug either of those puppies in, so no disappointment here! Quite the contrary, the split hum tone is gorgeous, adds that bell-like hum tone to the mix and I really dig that! The pickups are very musical too so I can see this one getting some smooth lead time as well.

Part of my lust for the stunning Blue Fade finish is that it reminds both my wife and myself of the water in the Bahamas where we took our honeymoon last year. I decided to kick this one up a notch and had Bill Nichols make another custom truss rod cover for me with some custom inlay work, so it has my wife's name and continuing the tropical theme of the guitar I had him inlay a tropical hibiscus on there too. Came out wonderful and the wifey loves both the guitar and the TRC, so double-win for Matt! Enough chit-chat, on to the pics!

PRS408APBlueFadeLyndaTRC_zps259e50e6.jpg

PRS_408_AP_Blue_Fade_55_zps14b8d7c0.jpg

PRS_408_AP_Blue_Fade_56_zps9d451693.jpg

PRS_408_AP_Blue_Fade_58_zpsb33aca13.jpg

PRS_408_AP_Blue_Fade_63_zps867cecbf.jpg

PRS_408_AP_Blue_Fade_60_zps9be5098e.jpg

PRS_408_AP_Blue_Fade_64_zps3a780597.jpg

PRS_408_AP_Blue_Fade_49_zps4c87b342.jpg

I've picked up a handful of 2012/2013 PRS in the last year and I have to tell you... not a single one was disappointing! Yet again ANOTHER winner! Just a killer, KILLER guitar in this one! I don't know about you, but I'm up for a swim all of the sudden! :laugh:

Few more pics due to image limit (10 images seems pretty slim, eh?), LOVE the top on this one! Has some serious character to it! Tight pinstripes, big fat flame and then the wavy out of control figure towards the dark whale blue end! LOVE IT!

PRS_408_AP_Blue_Fade_36_zps1817e749.jpg

PRS_408_AP_Blue_Fade_35_zps17a01828.jpg

PRS_408_AP_Blue_Fade_30_zpscb4bbd12.jpg

PRS_408_AP_Blue_Fade_29_zpsa4ffe044.jpg

PRS_408_AP_Blue_Fade_26_zpscf1befb5.jpg

PRS_408_AP_Blue_Fade_23_zps31e798e3.jpg

Beautiful guitar, and I'm stealing that. My wife can't hate on my guitar if I put her name on it and tell her it reminds me of our honeymoon.

Gorgeous, my favorite finish and pickups combined - I'm way jealous!

Now that sir is a stunner. Sound demo when you get it in drop c. Its going to be great

Back