PRS 35th Anniversary SE Custom 24

ivanfoofoo

Hi everyone,

I bought a PRS 35th Anniversary SE Custom 24 and it's a really nice guitar. I really like the neck, weight and how it feels overall. I do like the coil-split functionality, but for some reason I don't like the humbucker sounds. This is specially evident with the neck pickup, it doesn't have the bite that I might expect from it, maybe this is due to the low output, but I don't really know.

According to the PRS website, both pickups are TCI “S”. I tried different pickup heights and still cannot find that neck pickup tone that might be more associated with Gibson guitars.

I would like to know if anyone else has experienced the same and if you have any recommendations. Maybe another pickup I might use to replace the stock neck one.

Hi everyone,

I bought a PRS 35th Anniversary SE Custom 24 and it's a really nice guitar. I really like the neck, weight and how it feels overall. I do like the coil-split functionality, but for some reason I don't like the humbucker sounds. This is specially evident with the neck pickup, it doesn't have the bite that I might expect from it, maybe this is due to the low output, but I don't really know.

According to the PRS website, both pickups are TCI “S”. I tried different pickup heights and still cannot find that neck pickup tone that might be more associated with Gibson guitars.

I would like to know if anyone else has experienced the same and if you have any recommendations. Maybe another pickup I might use to replace the stock neck one.
One thing to remember is that the neck pickup is in a different location than on a Gibson - closer to the bridge. I find that it's more clear that way, but it sounds like you're of a different camp.

Yes, I know that fact. I would argue that in a Gibson SG the neck pickup is also closer to the bridge, as if the neck could actually have 24 frets (some SGs do, although the neck pickup might be moved accordingly a bit).

Back