PRS 35

Thanks, buddy. Would you like a plastic cup of wine?

Over 5 years sober, bro. Checked myself into the Black Label Society one step program.

I’ll try to remember to bring you a real glass. Or maybe a seductively shaped tin can...just so we don’t have to worry about anybody stepping on broken glass if somebody tips you over.

I'll tip him over just for the hell of it.

Damn quote button quit working on me

Serg, you ain't allowed a whole bottle because I'll tip you over. It's for your own good, bruh.

I'm always good for some free tickets too.

Not that I INTEND to buy extras, I just keep forgetting that my old-father-of-3-a$$ can't drink like I used to.

Everything goes fine, 'til I "try" to get up and break that seal...

Tagging base so I can follow this thread.

I wonder which guitar PRSh is going to make me buy when I attend this event.

No, it can only be one guitar because that is all the room I have left for in the house. If I buy more than that, I'll have to build an addition.

You mean you’ll need an addition because the guitars are multiplying? Won’t that cause some division at home? Aren’t you worried about some...subtraction while you sleep, and that you might lose some integral parts because she gets irrational? Or, to sum up, you might be better off with some pi.

You mean you’ll need an addition because the guitars are multiplying? Won’t that cause some division at home? Aren’t you worried about some...subtraction while you sleep, and that you might lose some integral parts because she gets irrational? Or, to sum up, you might be better off with some pi.

If you are referring to my wife... the one who picked out the Maple top and color of this guitar, and helped me pay for half of it because I didn't have enough room on my credit card at the time to pay for the whole thing during a PRS Experience event... no, no concerns about division or loosing body parts while I sleep at all.

PRS-2016_McCarty594VioletPurple.jpg

Hi all, I'm trying to figure out what to expect for Exp2020. It looks like Saturday is the best day to attend, and I plan to get there first thing when they open. A few questions for you Exp veterans....

1. I'll be coming in from Delaware on 301. Is traffic likely to be bad coming/going that way? Others on this thread have said that traffic to/from Annapolis can be busy.

2. One of the things I'm most looking forward to is a factory tour. Do they run those periodically throughout the day?

3. If I want to buy one of the Exp guitars, how does that work? Are the on-site dealers selling them or are you buying direct from PRS? Will they ship the instruments anywhere in the US?

3A. If I'm thinking of buying, should I beeline for the dealer area upon arriving? Do they sell out quickly?

With any luck I'll run into some of you fine folks there. Looking forward to it!

Hi all, I'm trying to figure out what to expect for Exp2020. It looks like Saturday is the best day to attend, and I plan to get there first thing when they open. A few questions for you Exp veterans....

1. I'll be coming in from Delaware on 301. Is traffic likely to be bad coming/going that way? Others on this thread have said that traffic to/from Annapolis can be busy.

2. One of the things I'm most looking forward to is a factory tour. Do they run those periodically throughout the day?

3. If I want to buy one of the Exp guitars, how does that work? Are the on-site dealers selling them or are you buying direct from PRS? Will they ship the instruments anywhere in the US?

3A. If I'm thinking of buying, should I beeline for the dealer area upon arriving? Do they sell out quickly?

With any luck I'll run into some of you fine folks there. Looking forward to it!
1 I don’t think that traffic will be bad.
2 generally
3 you buy through a dealer, and they will ship. They usually have some guitars they have committed to on their table. Other PRS guitars are also on display and if you want one of them, one of the dealers will hook you up with it
3A they don’t sell out really fast, but signature members will have bought some Friday night. You’ll have less choice arriving late, but still a decent number to pick from.

1) Bridge traffic is only bad after the summer starts, we should be ok that early.

2) IIRC they're scheduled periodically, but you can just walk through at your own pace for MOST of the day

3) The factory has a bunch of guitars ready for the dealers to pick through the day before Exp opens t othe public. The dealers race in and grab the ones they want, then turn around and set up tables the next day. You'll buy from them just like any other guitar shopping experience you've ever had. The only difference I noticed is that most people don't take the guitar right away. A bit fuzzy on the details, but I think I bought the guitar, walked over to the area w/the cases. They put an armband on me that mapped to mine, put it in its case, and I came back 3+ hrs later and took it back to the hotel room.

3a) Agreed with what veinbuster wrote. I want to say that there were about 200 guitars on Fri when I got there, and at least 175 by Sat? I have no basis for those numbers other than personal opinion. I'd say the more expensive (Private Stock, Ld Ed, etc) sell more slowly, while some others sell more quickly? If there's anything in particular you're looking for, you can't go wrong reaching out to any of the PRS Shops on this forum in advance of the show to see if they can keep an eye out for you. The guys @ Moore really took care of me there last time.

As far as sales go, there is generally some restocking between Friday and Saturday, but not a ton. If you have something specific in mind, it wouldn’t hurt to reach out to a dealer beforehand and ask them to keep an eye out for it. I hesitate to list dealers, because I know I’ll forget somebody, and I don’t want to do that, but there are at least five of the usual suspects here who are usually at Experience.

As far as sales go, there is generally some restocking between Friday and Saturday, but not a ton. If you have something specific in mind, it wouldn’t hurt to reach out to a dealer beforehand and ask them to keep an eye out for it. I hesitate to list dealers, because I know I’ll forget somebody, and I don’t want to do that, but there are at least five of the usual suspects here who are usually at Experience.

I don't remember if I saw any Silver Sky there, does anyone else?

BTW, Alan, what does the quote in your sig mean?

I’m new to all of this so this is probably a stupid question but how do we go about getting tickets to the event? Do you buy a ticket for each day? Will there be a link on the PRS website?

I’m new to all of this so this is probably a stupid question but how do we go about getting tickets to the event? Do you buy a ticket for each day? Will there be a link on the PRS website?
Welcome to the forum.
You will get a chance to register for the event a few months ahead of time. There has not been a charge.

VB is correct, but the first day is for Signature Club members only, and the membership does cost. But worth it in my eyes.

Back