PRS 305

I own 2. one stock and one heavily modded.

The stock one hasn't been giggled a lot as I've been focusing on a CE that I put 5310s in. But playing it through my practice amp at home produces pleasing results. I do like the 25.5 scale and maple neck.

My other has SD humbucker 59s in neck and bridge plus a SD single in the middle. I need to work on setup for this one but it's cool.

I have a 2009 305.
Gig'd it lots. Lovely typical PRS carve. Super comfy to play, well balanced.
The only knock would be if you like to tinker by swapping pups, their shape pretty much precludes that unless you go know how to use a router.
I'd venture to say it's slightly darker tone wise than an average American Strat, but I like it.
I've been on a humbucker journey lately but I should pick up the 305.

I own 2. one stock and one heavily modded.

The stock one hasn't been giggled a lot as I've been focusing on a CE that I put 5310s in. But playing it through my practice amp at home produces pleasing results. I do like the 25.5 scale and maple neck.

My other has SD humbucker 59s in neck and bridge plus a SD single in the middle. I need to work on setup for this one but it's cool.

305 w/25.5 scale?

I love my 305! Maple neck and fretboard. I played it last night, playing my favorite solo, Comfortably Numb, over a backing track (thanks to my looper!), and then going off on a weird feedback-tinged atmospheric freakout with all kinds of modulation and echo effects.

And yeah, they have a 25.5" scale, helps give it a bit more of that strat feel, if nothing else.

I had the one Gush has now :)
The 305 is a PRS thur and thru and does a great fat strat sound it is different than a strat as it has No pick guard and a set neck.
you will not be disappointed

Lots of videos on youtube heres two :)

I really missed the boat getting one of these. I've wanted one since Michael Carter (Luke Bryan Band) showed his. I really wanted one in the pink color too (might as well, eh?!).

I've got one but I don't play it much. I'm just not that into single coils and would rather play a 25" scale guitar but overall it's a very, very nice guitar. It gets you into strat territory but plays like a PRS!

I think this has been mentioned in other threads but the stock height on the pickups was a little high, lowering them really helped it sound more like you'd expect from a single coil guitar.

I really missed the boat getting one of these. I've wanted one since Michael Carter (Luke Bryan Band) showed his. I really wanted one in the pink color too (might as well, eh?!).
They are available on the used market, you just have to be patient for the particular feature set you want at the price you think works for you. Pricing varies tremendously, for no good reason. For example, I wanted all-maple neck, birds, and an "interesting" color - e.g. the powder blue, pink, or one of the natural bursts. Black or white would have been OK, but I wouldn't have paid as much for it.

I love my 305!
It inspires to play different types of music then i usually do.
2D0E152B-0E72-4158-B0B6-D76551880400_zps4scoxpam.jpg

Ah, very nice!

And that is pretty well opposite of the 305 I had targeted. You have a Rosewood fretboard with a (really nice looking!) opaque black finish! And you have the 513 birds!

Back