PRS 305 NOS

MayPRS

Hi,

I went to a local music store today and they had a 305 in Transparent Red and a DC-3 in Vintage Burst.

Both guitars played amazing - as these are NOS (305 serial started with 10, the DC-3 with 11 if I'm not mistaken) I have yet to have a price for these as I usually get great discounts from that store (they always have NOS PRS guitars).

This was the best "Strat" type guitars I've ever played with a FINALLY usable and stable tremolo system and intonation, setup and tuning stability spot on!

EDIT: I realized that it's against forum rules to discuss retail prices. So apologies for asking. Just needed some pointers to negotiate. :)

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi,

I went to a local music store today and they had a 305 in Transparent Red and a DC-3 in Vintage Burst.

Both guitars played amazing - as these are NOS (305 serial started with 10, the DC-3 with 11 if I'm not mistaken) I have yet to have a price for these as I usually get great discounts from that store (they always have NOS PRS guitars).

This was the best "Strat" type guitars I've ever played with a FINALLY usable and stable tremolo system and intonation, setup and tuning stability spot on!

EDIT: I realized that it's against forum rules to discuss retail prices. So apologies for asking. Just needed some pointers to negotiate. :)

Many thanks in advance.
I'd say head over to Reverb and see what they're going for. I know these are all used, but it at least gives you an idea.

https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=prs 305&condition=used

Happy hunting!

It is against forum rules to discuss street prices of models currently in production.

However, it is generally OK to "ballpark" pricing for out of production models.

Keep in mind whatever you see on Reverb is what the sellers are asking, not necessarily what they are going to get. It is not unusual for me to see the same model of a guitar going for a very wide range of asking prices, all with similar conditions, etc.

Uh, if they've been in a Retail store as NOS for THAT LONG, get BOTH!!!!
Seriously, offer a low ball Price for both …+/-2K, and see what happens.
You never know.

So what would you think would be top price for the 305? I really liked the guitar but 3000 EUR seemed a bit too much...

Thanks!

I've got prices! 1990 EUR for the 305 and 1330 EUR for the DC-3...

Which one catches your fancy the most?
305 = typical gorgeous PRS carve and set neck
DC3 = more classic body style and bolt on neck

If you're a tinkerer/modder then maybe the DC3 for possibly easier pup swaps.

One thing that bugs me... the shop insists that only the 305 comes with hardshell case but all specs I find online states that the DC3 also came with hard case.

He says the guitar was in the original cardboard box that was used for shipment and that inside is a gig-bag.

The DC3 should have been shipped in a black hard case. Listen to them both when you play them. If you want the more stratty of the two, get the DC3. If you want the Strat on steroids, get the 305. They’re both great guitars. The heel joint on them both is amazing for upper fret reach. I just got a DC3 in a flight case, it’s going in a gig bag like the others.

Back