PRS 24 fret fixed bridge core series

huseyin isbilir

Deviant
Guys does anybody have any idea if ever PRS is going to release a fixed bridge 24 fret Core Series guitar? If not I think I have to start working for a private stock :) .

The stoptail was an option on the CU24 late 90's - early 00's. Not common, but they show up occasionally. Rarer are some early 90's Customs with tune-o-matic.

Core Mira is a rockin' guitar.

You could always buy a vibrato equipped guitar and block it.

full

2009 Mira MT

full

2012 P24 Limited

Last edited:
Im waiting for a Custom 24 string through with the hipshot style bridge thats on the Holcomb model, but PRS doesn't seem like they are getting enough interest from the consumer to produce more of the modern style stuff, so i think ill be waiting for quite a while.

Im waiting for a Custom 24 string through with the hipshot style bridge thats on the Holcomb model, but PRS doesn't seem like they are getting enough interest from the consumer to produce more of the modern style stuff, so i think ill be waiting for quite a while.
I am not a fan of hipshot bridge, it looks cool on the pictures and I ordered it on a Kiesel custom and I did not like it, because it has sharp corners. But I see that PRS has upgraded that type of bridge on the Holcomb guitar. It has rounder edges compared to the hipshot. I really like the simplistic design of the Prs stoptail bridge.

The stoptail was an option on the CU24 late 90's - early 00's. Not common, but they show up occasionally. Rarer are some early 90's Customs with tune-o-matic.

Core Mira is a rockin' guitar.

You could always buy a vibrato equipped guitar and block it.
Yes I can block it with a piece of wood but it is not the same thing :), according to my sick opinion it makes something more imperfect than it already is :). But if I cannot find something and the private stock price turns out more than what I expect than that is what I am going to do. Which is buying a custom 24 wood library with rosewood neck and then block the tremolo..

Besides the aforementioned Miras and P24s, there have been others over the years... I owned a Standard 24 with a stoptail for a few years about ten years ago... Great guitar; I miss it frequently...

prs_st24.jpg
prs_st24_bod.jpg

prs_st24_bak.jpg

prs_st24_top.jpg

It was very gold.

(sry the pics are so small... I had a state of the art 3 Megapixel!!! digital camera, and carefully reduced the size of all my pictures to save harddrive space... cuz I'm an idiot...)

Back