PRS 22?

Louisguitar

Hi all,
I decided to give me a prs with 22 frets and the models that intrigue me most are the ME Quatro and the DGT.
Since I have not yet had the chance to try them, I ask you what you think of these two models.

Had them both and they are very different animals but really dig them both. I prefer the pattern neck on the Quatro and it also had big frets like the DGT if I remember correctly. It would be my choice between the two but your mileage may vary.

The DGT gets an awful lot of love, but I'd definitely suggest trying one in person if you can - I don't care for the DGT neck, though I like the features otherwise.

I love the size (depth/girth) of the DGT neck, and the frets, but I think those necks are a smidge (yes, an actual smidge... 1/32" or something) less wide.
Exactly this.

OP, you really can't go wrong with either of those models. The RW neck on the ME is definitely a strong plus.

It did but I am one of the few non fans of them. If I had swapped in 59/09’s I would probably still have it.
Heretic! Burn the non-believer!

Seriously, I know taste is subjective and all that but 53/10s are amazing in my guitar. I will say that I prefer them without the treble bleed cap fitted. Warmer and more vintage feeling. More traditional feeling that way, but with great control using volume and tone pots. Loads of shades of tones that can be dialed in.

I have many guitars including two vintage PRS, a 1987 Custom 24 ten top and a 1991 Signature in addition to some Gibson and Fender.
At the moment I would like a "total" tremolo guitar.
With a jazz-blues sound on the bass, a nice grit on the high notes and a good sound for the rhythms.
A guitar to play jazz-rock with a Custom Audio Head.

I would love to try a DGT. I bet those rock!!

I did play a nice ME at a guitar center a few years ago and it was very nice.

I do like 5310 pickups, I have a set in a hog ce22 plus I have a couple sets in my parts drawer.

I would love to try a DGT. I bet those rock!!
Oh really?

dsvoFn2.jpg

vw6ktc4.jpg

Back