PRS 2021 Launch Party

They did a fantastic job IMHO. I can’t imagine how difficult it must be to design/build/launch an entire year’s worth of new products in the middle of a global pandemic. I suspect there were some limits to what new developments they were able to implement, so bringing back a couple of older models and adding some new finishes was probably a good strategy all things considered. I’m interested in seeing whether the Fiore model takes off or not, IMHO that sort of model is more slanted towards 80’s metal than say a baritone or 7 string would be.

Hopefully next year they’re finally release a Core Baritone 24.

Not bad - considering all the back orders and current global situation.

I am glad to see the SSH as part of the Core line up - although I already own a 2019 model - but its such a Special instrument, it deserves to be available for all. The Studio too is a great instrument and now maybe it will get the recognition it deserves.

I see they are changing the Cu24-08 from the Blade to the 35th anniversary '408' layout too - I prefer the blade personally because the switch is quite far back but a 'minor' preference. The SE line too is keeping the 35th Cu24 too essentially which I think is great for the 'budget' line and the Violin carve does improve the look. I wonder how long before the entire SE line-up adopts that carve too.

The Clip On tuner looks cool and USB chargeable so that is going to have to be bought. I think that's the only thing I will buy of the 'new' products.

I loved the Show - a 3 hour show filled with interesting chats with artists, showcasing 'new' talent and hearing what these artists are creating on their PRS instruments. That was far more interesting than what we probably would of got from NAMM - a 10-20min video of Paul walking round the booth and saying what's new - like last January. We were also spared the 20+ video's from numerous youtube channels too doing the same thing, asking the same questions and getting the same answers. We actually got to hear and see Artists and that to me was as, if not more important, than just the new guitars.

Yes there was a few technical hiccups and wasn't the smoothest, but considering the situation and the fact that Paul and Jack are not really presenters, they did a great job.

Thank you to ALL involved with putting that together, all the artists who were involved etc - I enjoyed it!

I was working overnight (paramedic duty) so I only seen a part of it but I'm really found of Fiore. I never heard of Mark Lettieri before but this guitar may be an answer to me finally retiring my strats and pass it to my kid. Silver Sky never cut it for me, I'm sure it's hell of a guitar but I always seen it as a sort of statue of PRS loosing its identity, kinda spoiling it's DNA. Fiore has enough PRS heritage to catch my attention. I just took a delivery of 35th Anniversary CU24 so I need time to let my missus sink in the idea of a new guitar, but I will watch this space. The only thing I wish this guitar to have which it doesn't is a PRS tremolo. Thing that I hate in my strats is that I keep pushing saddles downwards - I'm heavy handed. I hope the bridge at least have the grooves like phase III to keep them in place.

Thanks PRS for keeping a good job. I hope you all safe and well

So what is the Fiore neck carve like, only listed as his own carve?!

I saw somewhere - maybe in the chat section on YouTube (which was a reminder of what I hate about those things) - that it's very close to pattern regular.

The video they released afterwards for the Fiore showed it played mostly clean. There was a very short bit at the end with some dirt on it. I'd have liked to have seen more of that, but I'm sure that's coming on the review videos we'll be seeing shortly.

Did I miss John Mayer?

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2021%2F01%2Fjohn-mayer-prs-guitars-silver-sky-guitar-limited-edition-release-info-001.jpg

The event started at 2am for me. I watched the whole thing and enjoyed it a lot. The Fiore wowed me when I saw it. I found both the Amaryllis And Sugar Moon finishes beautiful. I'm eager to hear how this guitar preforms with high gain and see how versatile it is as an instrument. I think I've decided on a PRS acoustic guitar while watching the event. The SE P20E. I loved how it looks, sounds and that it is within my budget. I also enjoyed all the artist that appeared and they diversity in their style of music. A lot of people in the chat wanted a Silver Sky SE but I don't see that ever being a thing for some reason. Well done PRS on a great event in such trying and difficult times.

I wasn’t able to watch last night, but I did this morning. It was VERY well done and quite entertaining. I must have enjoyed it; new guitar has been ordered. ;)
You get one of those PS’s?

I had more than a few thoughts about that ME V PS... :D

That MEv Koa was absolutely stunning - a dream guitar....

Unfortunately, dreaming is about as close as I am likely to get to it...

I'm scrolling through the video on YT. Does anyone have a full list of what was launched?

No S2 DGT?!..Pfshhhh...Seriously though, that would have been my next purchase if it had dropped. Paul, just use the S2 594 and slap your sweet tremolo in there. BAM! Perfection.:cool:

They did a great job with the whole launch, and a ton of cool new stuff coming out! Remember, that’s not it for the year...there will be more product launches throughout 2021. I was hoping for an S2 or SE DGT or Silver Sky, but That’s ok! Can’t be greedy, and eventually I think it’s something that could happen. I also really like the new Kingfisher bass with a flame top, that’s what it was missing! Now it looks way more like a PRS instrument. Also pumped about the Bonnie Pink SE Custom 24, that beautiful new finish on the Zach Myers, the Fiore, and damn....that new Silver Sky Limited color! It’s nice that they upped the release to 1,000. That being said, what do you think about the crazy resale prices that happened on the Nebula, do you see that happening with this Lunar Ice color?

It was a great little production and I enjoyed being there for it. My only complaints were the low audio on Paul and Jack's mics in the beginning and no MT100. Those aside, it was still a great time!

Back