Prototype SSky

Gtrbldr

Not a new member
Cool guitar but not even kind of worth 45 thousand Euro ($47,400 at today's exchange rate).

I wish you'd posted this five minutes earlier...

2e0c6913-9228-4b7d-8c10-3db8aca985f5_text.gif

(I didn't make a big mistake.)

Everything has increased, I see good offers like things sometimes sold for more than new, ridiculous.
Yes sir, that’s what I mean. Used stuff… guitars, amps, pedals, speakers, just stupidly priced. During the pandemic, I kind of understood. Nothing on the shelves, apocalyptic fear (no matter how silly) of never getting your beloved gear again. But shelves are nowhere near as bare as they once were, and people are still scalping for all they’re worth and, as you said, asking near or at new prices, with the added cost of shipping especially, for very used gear.

And, yes, I know that I don’t have to buy it. And I don’t! But I do miss shopping through reasonably priced gear back when there were only occasionally bizarre pricing examples. Now it’s the reasonable prices that look bizarrely out of place.

Rant over [mostly]

Yes sir, that’s what I mean. Used stuff… guitars, amps, pedals, speakers, just stupidly priced. During the pandemic, I kind of understood. Nothing on the shelves, apocalyptic fear (no matter how silly) of never getting your beloved gear again. But shelves are nowhere near as bare as they once were, and people are still scalping for all they’re worth and, as you said, asking near or at new prices, with the added cost of shipping especially, for very used gear.

And, yes, I know that I don’t have to buy it. And I don’t! But I do miss shopping through reasonably priced gear back when there were only occasionally bizarre pricing examples. Now it’s the reasonable prices that look bizarrely out of place.

Rant over [mostly]
Fortunately, I just managed to get something that was priced too high. Seller came to his senses and dropped his price by $1100.

Back