prototype pickups

hmmmmm... Maybe something with a little horsepower. eh?

6x2-hemi-mat-1.jpg

hemi-engine-cutaway.jpg

I believe the output of these pups is 469BHP...

First sets sold exclusively to forum members? I think that may be doable!
and we totally get the "proto" version which are just little bit hotter than the "production" ones. They become the next "Holy Grail" pickups which are lusted after for years to come.

Affectionately known as "ChainShaw\m/" pickups (or even just ChainShawn's)

and we totally get the "proto" version which are just little bit hotter than the "production" ones. They become the next "Holy Grail" pickups which are lusted after for years to come.

Affectionately known as "ChainShaw\m/" pickups (or even just ChainShawn's)

I agree. Count me in for a pair or two.

I'll be able to add it to the list of "metal" pickups I use for clean tones, right after the HFS and DII's.

I'll be able to add it to the list of "metal" pickups I use for clean tones, right after the HFS and DII's.

I think you're going to love the clean tones on these. I think it may be unfair to pigeonhole them in the "metal" category, they are going to work well for anyone looking for defined note separation and clear articulation. They sound huge too!

New pickups, great excuse to buy another guitar to put them in!

I'm just looking out for you guys :)

I got no skin in this game, I don't play high gain much. But it's fun to watch you guys circle like sharks smelling blood in the water, over pickups you've never even heard. :)

I got no skin in this game, I don't play high gain much. But it's fun to watch you guys circle like sharks smelling blood in the water, over pickups you've never even heard. :)

That did occur to me also, but it reflects the respect for the opinions of Shawn and everyone at PRS. It their jaws dropped, good enough for me.

I think you're going to love the clean tones on these. I think it may be unfair to pigeonhole them in the "metal" category, they are going to work well for anyone looking for defined note separation and clear articulation. They sound huge too!

I'm just looking out for you guys :)

Defined, articulate and huge sounding. Can't wait....well....hoping they are given the green light. Just curious: what test guitar(s) have you rocked these bad boys in?

Back