Proposal to Coin a New Term

Great Gazoo

I'm new to this guitar playing thing, but haven't really taken to the "bedroom" player moniker - maybe because I didn't start playing as a kid. Anyway, for us older, more seasoned newbies, I thought that we deserve a more dignified identity term or acronym: so up for your approval:

Man-Cave Only Guitarist or MCOG (read: em-cog).

Actually this came up when I was speaking to a dealer about a possible trial period for a PRS over which I was drooling: they noted that the "problem" with longer (than two day) trial periods - such as my wife is used to with trying out new (very expensive) professional flutes - is that folks are inclined to gig with them, ding them up, then return them. So I was trying to assure him that: (i) I was a "man-cave only guitarist" and that (ii) were I to try to gig in front of any audience, the only dings would be from the guitar being used to dent my head!!

not that you asked: snowflake i feel is is also past the sell-by date, and while i am a direct descendant of cavemen, i want darla hood to feel welcome so mine is a ‘bourbon study’ or ‘opium den’.

I like it but, I fear it will not catch on.

As I was reading, I thought of At Home Only Guitarist. AHOG. (A-hog)

I like MCOG tho. I vote yay

All opposed?
The yays have it

(Insert several crying with laughter emojis)

Surviving, homie. Surviving.

Tell you what, this semi truck driving stuff is for the birds.

My trainer likes to go from the sheets to the seats without coffee or breakfast.

I have all month with him. Great dude but, just turn N burn. Run my 11 hours, and go back to bed. Stopping only to drop and hook trailers, get fuel, and barely eat. Go go go go go go go go go...

It's a struggle every morning for me to be able to run in somewhere, and buy a Fkng cup of coffee.

I got on this truck last week on Thursday. We have had one chance to take a shower.

Every night when we land, we come in late, and go straight to bed.

Can't tell you how much I love just sitting at this shipper right now, in the middle of BFE San Francisco, waiting while they take forever to load us.

Sorry for the rant but, you asked
(Insert crying with laughter emojis)

Surviving, homie. Surviving.

Tell you what, this semi truck driving stuff is for the birds.

My trainer likes to go from the sheets to the seats without coffee or breakfast.

I have all month with him. Great dude but, just turn N burn. Run my 11 hours, and go back to bed. Stopping only to drop and hook trailers, get fuel, and barely eat. Go go go go go go go go go...

It's a struggle every morning for me to be able to run in somewhere, and buy a Fkng cup of coffee.

I got on this truck last week on Thursday. We have had one chance to take a shower.

Every night when we land, we come in late, and go straight to bed.

Can't tell you how much I love just sitting at this shipper right now, in the middle of BFE San Francisco, waiting while they take forever to load us.

Sorry for the rant but, you asked
(Insert crying with laughter emojis)
I don't do well without a vat of caffeine in the morning.
Sounds like you'll be able to have your own schedule once you can ditch the trainer!

Great Gazoo, I applaud your creativity, as well as your boldness in sharing it with the immediate universe, thereby opening up Pandora’s Box of jokes, gags, and opprobrium.

I say ignore the slings and arrows, go forth, and develop acronyms in peace!

Back