Properly Fitting Case for S2 Custom (35th Anniversary series)

SkipK

Has anybody identified a properly fitting case for my new (and very nice) S2 Custom 35th Anniversary Model? It seems as though the multi-fit is not a good fit for the guitar, and I'd hate to have to make my own from a Pelican box. A guitar this nice deserves its own custom-fitted case!

In the PRS West Street East accessory store, the "PRS Multi-Fit Case" details state:

Fits the following currently-offered PRS Guitars:

Core Customs, McCartys, 408, 513, Santana, Tremonti, DGT, and Paul's Guitar.
Bolt-On CE24.
S2 Customs, Standards, Singlecuts, Mira, and Starla (with Bigsby arm in "down" position).
SE Customs, Standards, 245, Santana's, Tremonti, Holcomb, and Myers

So, yeah... I'd say you're OK to go with the "multi-fit" hard case from PRS.

Perhaps they've fixed the issue. I just searched (Google) for "Best case for PRS S2 Custom" and came up with a number of different fora where concerns were voiced specifically about the multi-fit case (particularly about the headstock not fitting correctly).

I'm hoping for a response from somebody that starts with "I have an S2 custom and ___ case fits." I am able to read what it says on the PRS web site. The other posts gave me some concern.

Perhaps they've fixed the issue. I just searched (Google) for "Best case for PRS S2 Custom" and came up with a number of different fora where concerns were voiced specifically about the multi-fit case (particularly about the headstock not fitting correctly).

I'm hoping for a response from somebody that starts with "I have an S2 custom and ___ case fits." I am able to read what it says on the PRS web site. The other posts gave me some concern.
maybe I've drank too much Kool-Aide, but I can't imagine a case being sold by a guitar company, wouldn't fit their guitars. I know there are negative comments out there, I like to believe those are created by people who are trying to steer me away from the right product so that they can have a chunk of my paycheck too. Chroma-Cast sells a case that was supposed to fit SE's and S2's like a glove. I bought one on the cheap, and got what I paid for, a cheap case that really didn't fit my guitars. I have no issues with the headstock of my guitars fitting in my MFC. It is heavy as hell, but it is the perfect fit for my PRSi.

maybe I've drank too much Kool-Aide, but I can't imagine a case being sold by a guitar company, wouldn't fit their guitars. I know there are negative comments out there, I like to believe those are created by people who are trying to steer me away from the right product so that they can have a chunk of my paycheck too. Chroma-Cast sells a case that was supposed to fit SE's and S2's like a glove. I bought one on the cheap, and got what I paid for, a cheap case that really didn't fit my guitars. I have no issues with the headstock of my guitars fitting in my MFC. It is heavy as hell, but it is the perfect fit for my PRSi.

I'm a terrible customer for the internet age. It makes me crazy to buy stuff, like guitars and such, that I haven't actually had the opportunity to fondle for myself. I bought the S2 Custom (35th anniversary edition) on faith, and having handled lesser PRS guitars (local shops, including the big ones, don't seem to keep the good stuff in the stores). But the guitar is terrific! So - I will continue to struggle. Thanks.

I have a S2 Custom 22 and a core Custom 22, and the S2 is not a good fit for the core case. The S2 tedder's at a stress point. It fits in the case, but I won't use it because I'm afraid of it effecting the action.

My Musicians Gear, ABS Strat case fits the S2.

My G&G case, also fits the S2 and Core Custom 22.

I can confirm, as others have pointed out, that the PRS Multi fit case does not fit the SE Cu 24 very well. No matter what any website says, that guitar does not fit properly in that case. It is a matter of how the neck is not supported properly, and closing the case puts stress on the neck on top. Exactly the same for the S2 Cu 24. That is why I use this case on all my Cu and Std 24’s. The case is very snug around the body, and the neck is properly supported. I do not have a core Cu 24, so can’t say for that guitar.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/1SKBFS6--skb-1skb-fs-6-shaped-standard-electric-guitar-case

I wonder how many of us start grabbing guitars and testing them in our cases after this?

I don't remember having an issue the time or two I put an SE in my core case... curious now!

Check the clearance between the neck and support(s). I actually prefer the PRS cases for PRS guitars, even for S2 and SE, and the same for any brand guitar, prefer matching case, but if it doesn’t fit properly .....

I wonder how many of us start grabbing guitars and testing them in our cases after this?

I don't remember having an issue the time or two I put an SE in my core case... curious now!
I had heard core cases dont fit SEs that well, but I dont see why they wouldn't.

The body shape is the same, but the body contours are different! When you lay the guitar in the case, the head sticks up. This makes it look like the neck is set at a different angle. I know that I could force it closed, but I don't want to see if the case or the guitar gives, first.

I have also found that that the core Starla case, fits my S2 Singlecut Semi-Hollow. It surprised me that this, was a good fit.

Gator makes 2 cases that fit S2 CU 22 and 24 guitars perfectly.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...hes-for-strat-and-tele-style-electric-guitars

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...bs-molded-case-double-cutaway-electric-guitar

JfnPN9b.jpg

qBhq8Nc.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Back