Project "Gemini", guitar that plays guitar and bass

littlebadboy

I know that posting about a non-PRSi here is cringed on here... but I had to share!

Two years ago, I had an idea of making a guitar that play bass lines at the same time so I can jam with my son who was learning to play drums at the time. It was boring to jam without a bass player.

I had a first version that worked but was ugly. But, with a friend's tech advice, I came up with a 2nd and final version. I call this guitar, "Gemini".

Bass sound is on the left channel, guitar is on right channel.

And a Part 2 isolating the guitar and bass sounds:

The guitar is a Yamaha EG112C2.

It has 2 circuits. The first circuit is for the normal guitar with its own volume pot. It has no tone control and goes to the output jack. It has a GM Railbucker bridge and a Fleor single coil sized rail humbucker with 5-way switching. The second circuit is for the middle pickup which was replaced with a 2-pole pickup that only picks up the 5th and 6th strings. It also has its own volume pot with no tone control and also goes to its own output jack. The signal is being fed to a Digitech Drop to convert it to a lower octave sound to simulate a bass.

Gear used:
Boss GT-100 for guitar effects
Digitech Drop as octave pedal
Behringer BDI21 Bass Amp Modeler
Behringer UMC204HD interface

DAW: Audacity

The gear:

It has crappy tuners right now. I would like to change it in the future. I am looking at changing the nut also.

Yeah, it's not a PRS guitar. But if I chance on a dirt cheap PRS, I might mod it too!

Last edited:
Back