Probably The Rarest Faceplate Of All

Nah, I was wrong, 2012.

But really, this is like a “metal” graphic guitar that nobody wanted at the time.
They had a gold foil finish PRS at my local GC and my guy there showed it to me twice, telling me how great the guitar was and how much he liked the finish. I thought it was cool, but not compared to the beautiful wood I see on other PRS guitars, so I never gave the guitar a chance. I remember how smooth feeling and alive that guitar was though. It was great. But I didn't even consider it. They had it around for months before it sold.

Some time in 1990 or thereabouts I visited a little guitar shop upstairs somewhere in the heart of DC. They had a Custom (or maybe Studio?) in a red foil finish that I just loved. It wasn't a fancy figured wood top, but it was an honest-to-gawd PRS, and I didn't know to be snobby about the wood at the time. I just knew I couldn't afford it and had to pass...

Some time in 1990 or thereabouts I visited a little guitar shop upstairs somewhere in the heart of DC. They had a Custom (or maybe Studio?) in a red foil finish that I just loved. It wasn't a fancy figured wood top, but it was an honest-to-gawd PRS, and I didn't know to be snobby about the wood at the time. I just knew I couldn't afford it and had to pass...

I passed on a Metal that was the same price as my first CE. It was only a bad decision monetarily.

Back