Private Stock Monday: For ALL Forum Members - Share the Love

An earthen pernambuco trio:
0BJrYKv.jpg
Sofa King Awesome!!!!
I can feel the sustain from here.

(I hope you’re saving some pics for next Monday....)

Sofa King Awesome!!!!
I can feel the sustain from here.

(I hope you’re saving some pics for next Monday....)
Yikes! I forgot this is supposed to PS Monday!

That's odd.

I think my Photobucket stuff still survives.

Rob, if I understand it correctly, it works fine for a while. Then when you hit their new “usage limit” suddenly every pic you’ve ever posted will disappear from every thread, new and old. When my pics went, they all went from every thread I checked. Ironically, the avatar pic was still working for some weird reason. But I got ticked and deflected all the pics off my account and moved them to imgur. Someone please correct me if I”m wrong. I’ve seen other guys here post pics though and suddenly you get that “you’ve hit the limit” warning where every pic was.

Happy Monday!
Since this is the first week I’ll post another to get this going...

This one is a song of fire (no ice...maybe one of you guys with a frostbite PS can post it here???).

From the vault:
nC2EeU7.jpg

Ec4xSDl.jpg

uAFziaJ.jpg

To the floor...where the magic happens...
From one of many...

zo7Iv2Y.jpg

To one that stood out...

7efVHAG.jpg

To the one I could not resist...

ijOnUcL.jpg

erN9stN.jpg

n5FXgf4.jpg

hbfqvgr.jpg

uJVt7cv.jpg

Special thanks to Brian for putting this one together (and most of the pics).

Hope you guys can post some of yours too...to help us all make it through another Monday.
"This one is a song of fire (no ice...maybe one of you guys with a frostbite PS can post it here???)."

No Ice, you say???...

20160715_112427_resized.jpg

Well it’s not quite Monday yet...but I’ll be too busy most of the day to post...so here goes...

My second Custom PS build...this was my take on the original PS McCarty SC...with a few tweaks...

It usually starts with that top that speaks to me....
8y7GPMt.jpg

Then I find the complementary pieces...
PdqOmoE.jpg

CbtFE6n.jpg

H3sKMQ3.jpg

But what color to choose.....????

That’s some bada$$ mother quilt! I think that top would have spoken to me too!

“Take me home! Don’t leave me in the vault!”

Some great flamey-goodness in that neck.

The mahogany was ok too;)

A really special selection of timber. Your inlays (lapis?) pop out of that board (figure of speech!) and compliment the top.

Good job!:D

That’s some bada$$ mother quilt! I think that top would have spoken to me too!

“Take me home! Don’t leave me in the vault!”

Some great flamey-goodness in that neck.

The mahogany was ok too;)

A really special selection of timber. Your inlays (lapis?) pop out of that board (figure of speech!) and compliment the top.

Good job!:D

Good call on the Lapis Lazuli inlays...this was actually selected before the color (aquamarine glow). I decided to name this one “Cleopatra” (engraved into the banner in the headstock Eagle’s talons)...who used crushed lapis for her blue eyeshadow.

Other, less esoteric (more music/playability related) special features include:
-Compound FB radius 12-14
-Satin nitro on the neck (hi gloss on top)
-Jimi Page electronics (coil taps on volume pots, with phase reversal and series/parallel switches on the tone pots)
-white gold outlines on all inlays and top of the knobs.
-flamed maple binding around FB and headstock.

Here’s one; I finally learned how to operate Imgur. This is a maple bodied Tonare Grande. Jack Gretz and Paul Smith picked out the wood - I wasn’t there. It’s the finest sounding acoustic guitar I’ve ever had, and there have been some dandies at my place over the years.

It has a built in feather pickup they were putting in other PS versions that I don’t use. It’s there just in case I get the call for that YUGE tour, but since that’s NEVER going to happen. I don’t even keep batteries in it.

I kept the appointments very simple; hollow birds, ebony fretboard, tuner buttons, and bridge.

Edit: I forgot to mention that it has the carbon fiber truss rods that never need adjustment. The neck has been 100% stable since the day I got it (I think that was around 5 years ago!).

Back and sides are maple, top is Adirondack Spruce:

8jK5qsG.jpg

Last edited:
Here’s one; I finally learned how to operate Imgur. This is a maple bodied Tonare Grande. Jack Gretz and Paul Smith picked out the wood - I wasn’t there. It’s the finest sounding acoustic guitar I’ve ever had, and there have been some dandies at my place over the years.

It has a built in feather pickup they were putting in other PS versions that I don’t use. It’s there just in case I get the call for that YUGE tour, but since that’s NEVER going to happen. I don’t even keep batteries in it.

I kept the appointments very simple; hollow birds, ebony fretboard, tuner buttons, and bridge.

8jK5qsG.jpg

Really classy looking acoustic Les...you don’t post near enough pictures of this beauty as compared to your fine electrics PSs (though we like seeing them too...hint, nudge). Tonares are so full sounding with maple B&S.

Tosca, it’s obvious a lot of thought went into this PS build and rightly so! If you’re going to do something, do it really right, or not at all!

A luthier friend made a custom build acoustic for a customer, who requested a Saltyre (Scottish flag), which was constructed out of Lapis and MOP. That was a nice appointment and really personal for the client. It was the first time I had seen lapis. Such a great stone for inlays.

8jK5qsG.jpg
Such a great looking and I’m sure sounding acoustic.

I really like the flamed maple binding, with the subtle, black/white/black beneath, creating separation between it and the gorgeous flamed maple sides! Appointments like this go unnoticed.

Come on “The Tour”!:D

Really classy looking acoustic Les...you don’t post near enough pictures of this beauty as compared to your fine electrics PSs (though we like seeing them too...hint, nudge). Tonares are so full sounding with maple B&S.

Thanks, Tosca! I really should take more pictures at some point.

I’ll post some pics of the other guitars soon.

There’s only been two PRS guitars ever built with an African Blackwood neck. Indeed Paul has gone on record in a PRS Facebook video saying that African Blackwood neck blanks are the rarest woods he’s ever seen in his long career.

I give you the Black Panther. Okay okay, the connection is tenuous at best.
WYbDuOc.jpg

kEEDmYf.jpg

But it’s definitely one of the Kings in my collection, so....

You know.....Black Panther = T’Challa = King of Wakanda = fictitious African Nation.....??

Okay okay...

Last edited:
Back