Private Stock Monday: For ALL Forum Members - Share the Love

The closest I’ll come is having my guitar sit in the PS area for 10 years. :oops:
To me, my owning a PS is like choosing the blue pill in the Matrix. I choose to delve on the pretty inlays, the wow factor that goes through the eyes, the occasional otherworldly tone that I choose to attribute to the wood etc.

But had I chosen the red pill, I would no doubt discover the killer tone and playability of core S2 SE. In fact I get reminded a red pill exists whenever I play my excellent Bernie Marsden and go “hey this is on par with a 58 reissue”. I test my 57/08 limited and I can’t help thinking “if they made this look like a Violin guitar and put on celtic knots, would I know the difference?”

And I know it’s a fact that many people out there would urge me not to take the blue pill. Fact is I’m happy with the blue pill. But I know a lot of people would not be, and they’d be happy with the red pill.

The point is whether it’s the blue or red pill, it doesn’t matter as long as you’re happy with your choice.

To me, my owning a PS is like choosing the blue pill in the Matrix. I choose to delve on the pretty inlays, the wow factor that goes through the eyes, the occasional otherworldly tone that I choose to attribute to the wood etc.

But had I chosen the red pill, I would no doubt discover the killer tone and playability of core S2 SE. In fact I get reminded a red pill exists whenever I play my excellent Bernie Marsden and go “hey this is on par with a 58 reissue”. I test my 57/08 limited and I can’t help thinking “if they made this look like a Violin guitar and put on celtic knots, would I know the difference?”

And I know it’s a fact that many people out there would urge me not to take the blue pill. Fact is I’m happy with the blue pill. But I know a lot of people would not be, and they’d be happy with the red pill.

The point is whether it’s the blue or red pill, it doesn’t matter as long as you’re happy with your choice.

My only lament is not being able to post in PS threads, nothing else.

I took the purple pill, my Westie is exactly what I would’ve spec’ed, and exactly what I did spec. I’m the luckiest guy in the world.

OK, it’s Monday and still no sign of my 594 on PSF :-( - so I will post my current favourite ...

This might be a bit fragmented from my phone, but I’ll try to share a vault visit with the Mrs.
Tina and Paul had found some tops with characteristics I was interested in, so I went to talk to Paul about a finish I wanted to try. Here he is explaining their process for multi colour tops.
CK_292PLAndPaulMTopsColoursFromBrent.jpeg

and me explaining what how I would like to vary that. Notice my drawing by the wood. I had printed life size images of the top so I could draw on it with my crayons to show Paul what I was after.
CK_295PLTinaPaulMTopsPExplainsFromBrent.jpeg

We settled on the top and Mrs drew where she wanted the top cut from the wood to give the best view of the features in the top.
CK_296LDrawsTopFromBrent.jpeg

We looked at lots of necks, but this one was hidden away on the back of the top shelf of the backs bookcase. They had gotten it about 10 years earlier and it was ready for a home.
CK_06PBrentCocoboloNeck.JPG

Paul Smith stopped by to offer some other prime necks, but I could not be swayed. I was going to see how cocobolo worked, and looked on the neck of a guitar.

The rest of the guitar was easy. Here is the wood pile. We’ve drawn on everything to record where everything should be cut.
CK_12Final3850PartsAAA.JPG

My only lament is not being able to post in PS threads, nothing else.

I took the purple pill, my Westie is exactly what I would’ve spec’ed, and exactly what I did spec. I’m the luckiest guy in the world.

And now you have one of the coolest guitars I've seen. It doesn't get any better than that.

I’ll try to post interesting and unusual ones from what I have. Here’s one. PRS has a color stain called dirty violin.

Well here’s an actual dirty violin guitar. From the original run of 50 with a pernambuco neck.
NmojJ3d.png

Official stain is black gold but boy is it dirty.

There was a brief time not that long ago, when you could order a pernambuco neck on your PS build. A small fairy tale window in the history of PRS. Here’s one from that time:
cN06o04.jpg

Back