Private Stock Monday: For ALL Forum Members - Share the Love

There’s also a reason why my wife “strong-armed” me to the opticians last year.

But obstinately, I still “forget” to wear them! It will be my downfall! Haha!:D

You must be overjoyed at its progress. Is it FBJ?

Some production pics...

Middle neck(from Hunter on PSF)
21940903965_d0b599547e_b.jpg

From Brian when he was at the factory:
22612715595_9baaac32f1_b.jpg

22586704086_38c750362c_b.jpg

22612713545_21bafdde6e_b.jpg

Couple more PSF from Hunter:
22344431139_208245bfd2_b.jpg

22517759792_7f503a02c7_z.jpg

My apologies in advance for sounding like a parrot and saying the same things over and over. That said...

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfreakin believable.

There’s also a reason why my wife “strong-armed” me to the opticians last year.

But obstinately, I still “forget” to wear them! It will be my downfall! Haha!:D

You must be overjoyed at its progress. Is it FBJ?
Oh, it’s been in my hands for a couple years now. I’m just reposting a few pics each Monday because it’s my only PS. My thread on the guitar got lost when the forum moved I think. Sooner rather than later, I will run out and not be able post more :) Color is quadruple faded indigo. It’s faded some and looks more like a natural charcoal with blue highlights.

Oh, it’s been in my hands for a couple years now. I’m just reposting a few pics each Monday because it’s my only PS. My thread on the guitar got lost when the forum moved I think. Sooner rather than later, I will run out and not be able post more :) Color is quadruple faded indigo. It’s faded some and looks more like a natural charcoal with blue highlights.
I read your reply with the biggest smile on my face! Nice one!!:D

Every guitar posted in this thread is more amazing than the next!

I can’t speak for anyone else, but what I love most about mine isn’t the way they look; it’s the way they sound and feel. Oh, man! There’s something about them that can’t really be put into words, but it’s there. You feel and hear it when you play them.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my Core models, and think they’re very competitive with my PS guitars, but they’re different in subtle ways.

I think the key word in your post is subtle. My PS is a great guitar but outside of specs I'm not sure it's appreciably better in a way I could describe. I do know that it just feels right when I strap it on. That's good enough for me.

I think the key word in your post is subtle. My PS is a great guitar but outside of specs I'm not sure it's appreciably better in a way I could describe. I do know that it just feels right when I strap it on. That's good enough for me.

Yep, exactly so. I love my Core PRSes as well. Each does a cool thing.

Yep, exactly so. I love my Core PRSes as well. Each does a cool thing.
There definitely is something though. For me it's less subtle, though I'm not sure I can describe in words. I have core guitars that I really, really like! My PS though...I just don't wanna play anything else unless I'm going for a very different sound. Or tuning. I have no regrets other that I can't get another PS.

I already feel the awe playing my SE Bernie Marsden. I love that guitar so much I’m afraid to ding it.

I’m a lucky guy.

We’re all lucky guys (and gals).

I’ve found that they are different enough that you have to revisit your tonal preferences. When done well though, what they have is special. Alive. It’s worth redialing your amps tone controls and maybe the gain and master, and going for something different than the solid body you just had plugged in before it. Once embraced, it can be life altering.

But, it’s not for everything, or I guess, everyone. I love mine.

Yep, I agree with your thoughts, especially on dialing in the amp settings based on my past experience - I’ve had the 2013 EXP LTD 408SH, PS Koa HBII and PS SC594SH at various points, decided it really wasn’t a fit for the other voices in my head :)

I agree with everyone regarding the feel thing. It's hard to identify/quantify what makes the feeling of a PS special, but it's not just any one thing to me. It's the whole package of the best premium woods, the best construction, the best luthier team, the best finishes, the best attention to detail, it's just everything. No guitar from any brand makes me smile and feel the way a PS makes me feel.

I must admit, as some chatter earlier, having Paul still around personally checking these guitars hold personal value to me. It's the current Stradivari ensuring his guitars are the best they can be and he still believes in them above anyone else. I just love that, and it will be a devastating loss when Paul is no longer with us. I feel lucky and fortunate beyond belief to be able to own/play these guitars. I could go on forever, and I realize I'm waxing poetic a bit, but I do mean what I say as they have been absolute treasure in my life. Love these pieces of wood, glue and metal :D!

Last edited:
Ok, ok! :)

I haven’t been posting much lately, 5 months into my vertigo recovery, still looking at several more months to go. Getting better, but slowly. So, I mostly went back to reading the forum. Certainly helps my mood keeping up with everyone, not to mention living vicariously through others on those NGDs!

I really need to take some real pics of my guitars. Aquamarine, jet black ebony board, South American hog, pernie neck, Koa binding, wood rings and knobs. Gold etched eagle and Celtic knot inlays. 57/08s - a magical guitar. Though 11top’s ME SCT is right up there tone wise for me.

4_D6_FE327-_A049-4084-990_F-5_EA2_E8_AD5_F64.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Those inlays my gosh :eek:

I agree with everyone regarding the feel thing. It's hard to identify/quantify what makes the feeling of a PS special, but it's not just any one thing to me. It's the whole package of the best premium woods, the best construction, the best luthier team, the best finishes, the best attention to detail, it's just everything. No guitar from any brand makes me smile and feel the way a PS makes me feel.

I must admit, as some chatter earlier, having Paul still around personally checking these guitars hold personal value to me. It's the current Stradivari ensuring his guitars are the best they can be and he still believes in them above anyone else. I just love that, and it will be a devastating loss when Paul is no longer with us. I feel lucky and fortunate beyond belief to be able to own/play these guitars. I could go on forever, and I realize I'm waxing poetic a bit, but I do mean what I say as they have been absolute treasure in my life. Love these pieces of wood, glue and metal :D!
I agree with most of this. However I have a Knaggs and a Huber I love as much as my PRS.

Having Paul still personally involved is a great, great thing! That said, since he trained the folks behind him, I take comfort in knowing that they are extremely high quality, conscientious people who are master artisans in their own right with tremendous knowledge, skill and ability. Paul wouldn’t risk his hard earned reputation without fully vetting, training and mentoring those who will replace him (they already have). I believe the culture he has founded and nurtured over many years stands out in a crowded industry. The combination of passion, skill and curiosity are hard to teach.

The true test will be what happens after Paul leaves. I think the mosaic looks very promising!

Back