Private Stock, its finally going to happen for me

Rich5150

I was supposed to have ordered one last year ( My wife was going to make it the big Bday present) to be ready somewhere around my 50th Bday this year, Money constraints put a hold on this as I need to get a new truck when my car died as well as a few other things.

While its great that this is happening its a sad reason why, in May my Father in Law passed peacefully in his sleep (not to Covid thankfully), He fought hard and long to stick around as long as he could, when things he went though would have killed most people a lot quicker.

So fast forward to our 5th wedding anniversary last night, we went out to dinner and she informed me that I can now have my one time shot at the private stock so I better make it count. I am also including her in the build as far as ideas because she deserves to be, and she knows a little bit from being around me for so long. I did tell her it wasn't necessary to get one but she won't have that, she wants me to have my dream guitar.

Ive already contacted Brian's and im scratching down some ideas, it will be a Stoptail 24 though as that's the dream PRS for me. Hoping to get everything set this week to pick out wood over FaceTime sooner than later and get this cookin'. I would have loved to go to the factory and just be in awe of the Vault but under the current situation its understandable.

First of all Condolences, always hard to lose a family member.

Best of luck with the PS...it will reset your expectations of how amazing a guitar can be. Smart choice to work with a great dealer like Brian. Can’t wait to see how it turns out.

Very sorry to hear about such a loss. My condelences to you and yours.

If you are anything like the rest of us, you're here aren't you, then the better half knows more than a little so it is a nice gesture to keep her involved. I trust you both will enjoy it. The PS crew are professionals and will make it happen for you. And Brian G. is a champion of all things PS. The dude is a legend. You are in the best of hands.

Thanks all for the condolences.

Sent in the order sheet and got my quote. its gonna be a stunner. I will provide details as things progress. It will be beach Crossfade a. its my wife favorite and b we both like the beach (her a bit more than me, I like the calmness of it but hate the sand so I chill on the Boardwalk). When I get the woods picked hopefully I can get a picture and I will post the set

I will probably never afford one. However, I’d probably want an aqua/blue heavy quilt to look like the Caribbean Sea.
Can’t wait to get the specs! How long did it take to fill out, and does each choice affect price? Or is it basicallt, “private stock? That will be “x” amount.

Sorry for your loss, brother
If your past choices are an inkling to what you've got cooking, this build is going to be exceptional
judging by the tops and colors you always gravitate too, hope you'll share some snapshots for the woods
before they start the build, enjoy the ride.

I will probably never afford one. However, I’d probably want an aqua/blue heavy quilt to look like the Caribbean Sea.
Can’t wait to get the specs! How long did it take to fill out, and does each choice affect price? Or is it basicallt, “private stock? That will be “x” amount.
There are quite a few options on the spec sheet, but in my experience, many of them fall into place after you make the basic decisions on the model and the woods. In my experience, it has generally been 45 minutes to an hour to pull together the wood choices and from there things fall into place pretty quickly. Tina has always filled out the paperwork, but as I recall, it’s maybe 10 minutes or so after the wood choices. I’m pretty decisive though, and go in with a pretty good idea what I want.

There is a base price and lots of ways to raise that.
Some woods carry a surcharge, most of the rosewoods for example.
There are a ton of inlay choices in the base price, but there are ways to increase that: gold outline on your bird’s for example.

There are quite a few options on the spec sheet, but in my experience, many of them fall into place after you make the basic decisions on the model and the woods. In my experience, it has generally been 45 minutes to an hour to pull together the wood choices and from there things fall into place pretty quickly. Tina has always filled out the paperwork, but as I recall, it’s maybe 10 minutes or so after the wood choices. I’m pretty decisive though, and go in with a pretty good idea what I want.

There is a base price and lots of ways to raise that.
Some woods carry a surcharge, most of the rosewoods for example.
There are a ton of inlay choices in the base price, but there are ways to increase that: gold outline on your bird’s for example.

Thank you for answering this, I was going to suggest that someone who had been through it before go through that.
And I was pleasantly surprised at the rough estimate on mine, I was for instance going to go with silver outlines but was informed of the up charge and changed my mind and will go with a different outline.

Back