Private Stock is fading!!!

Glad to see PRS helped you out. That is a beautiful guitar. Now invest in some blackout curtains for your music room... ;)

-Jim

For me, the pulling out a case, opening it, gazing lovingly at what is inside, picking it up, tuning it is all part of the zen of guitar to me. It’s my version of a Japanese Tea ceremony.

Modern life is thereby enhanced!

I also love the ease of controlling the humidity in a small confined space, and also the space economy of stacking cases together.

A statement of truth and brilliance!

Well today was the day to take my guitar over to the factory for her refin. I woke up early and came down into the studio around sunrise and stood there in shock and horror. The empty space in the guitar rack when me beloved NL/PS had been was being absolutely hammered by the morning sunrise! I have always treated my guitars with TLC and here I was speechless in the realization of what had happen. I don't have any children but this must be what it feels like to be a failing parent. Needless to say the studio will be rearranged now. I headed over to the shore and luckily it was a beautiful day and traffic was great, no backups on the bridge. I always get an exciting feeling when I start to get close to the factory, just knowing the minds and the artistry at work and that goes into these guitars we all adore is such a positive feeling. I was so excited at this point I rolled in pretty quick to the crowded visitor parking lot aiming at the only free space. As I got closer and was about to park I noticed "PAUL" painted on the ground in front of the space. Haha how embarrassing would that have been, stealing THE MAN himself's space. Anyway I dropped off my guitar in the lobby and then wandered into the accessory shop where I had a great chat with Dave for about an hour and bough a couple new shirts. The accessory shop has some amazing guitars in glass showcases displaying some of Paul's earliest guitars as well as some of their finest accomplishments in the craft. I managed to take a couple photos while I was there to share with those on the forum who have never been to the factory being as I live so close. Please excuse the poor lighting and glare. Cheers.
IMG_2467.jpg
IMG_2466.jpg
IMG_2468.jpg
IMG_2469.jpg
IMG_2470.jpg
IMG_2471.jpg
Nice room man

... um, do you have blinds you could close at night, before you go moving everything?

Nice room man

... um, do you have blinds you could close at night, before you go moving everything?
This isn't my room, this is in the accessory shop at the PRS factory. I don't have any windows, just french doors and thats where the sun was coming in. I have since moved my guitar racks to were they don't see any sun coming through the doors.
-Cheers.

I shudder to think how much a refinish on a faded guitar would cost at the PRS repair shop... aCk!!! o_O:eek::confused::cool:

Back