Private Stock inlays on the back of the neck?

MrSuperstar

Blues Lawyer
Hi guys, recently I saw several Private Stocks with an inlay on the back of the neck, precisely at the junction between the neck and the body.
I want to understand how is called this lil type of "upgrade" for PRS, because I would like to add this gem to my private stock order.

I've heard someone talk about "inlay on the heel", but not being a native speaker it's not clear to me if by "heel" you mean exactly that part of the neck.

Thanks to anyone who will answer me :D

Example:
oslpblmcpeeheputsyxn.jpg

first of all, thanks to both of you because having two answers to a direct question is always better than something randomly read on the internet.

if you want something you aren’t sure how to express to your dealer: send them a photo of what you want.
Thanks for the tip, I've already created this photoshop of what I exactly want (seems kinda cooooool) and I will send it along with my order.
I don't want that the orientation/type/style of the bird to be wrong, it would be absurd to be disappointed by a simple misunderstanding on a guitar of that price.

Schermata-2021-03-30-alle-14-28-23.png

first of all, thanks to both of you because having two answers to a direct question is always better than something randomly read on the internet.

Thanks for the tip, I've already created this photoshop of what I exactly want (seems kinda cooooool) and I will send it along with my order.
I don't want that the orientation/type/style of the bird to be wrong, it would be absurd to be disappointed by a simple misunderstanding on a guitar of that price.

Schermata-2021-03-30-alle-14-28-23.png

Don't be afraid to raise a question at any point of the process. There was a misunderstanding (on my part) with my guitar that I didn't catch until after they'd done the holes for the electronics. The PS team and my dealer worked out an adjustment to it that quite frankly is better than the original layout would have been.

Back