Private Stock Hollowbody I with no pickups

Looks nice, but I need pups, especially a piezo on that baby!

Hmm. They're not like acoustic jazz boxes, I have to wonder what's the point of the no pickups?

Right - I would have thought at least a spruce top would be required to get a decent acoustic sound. My Hollowbody Spruce sounds pretty good unplugged, but maple top guitars usually don't sound as good.

I like the idea. If you could fit on a finger rest with a floating pickup and controls, that might be a killer jazz guitar. Hell, it's probably killer either way, even if a bit quiet.

I had a top I talked to a Paul Miles about putting just a piezo on, but then I found a lonely neck that needed to be on a complete guitar so we added regular pickups.

I often play my HB unplugged in hotels, but I like being a level to plug in.

Hmm. They're not like acoustic jazz boxes, I have to wonder what's the point of the no pickups?
I have to agree, the small body doesn't put out the sound.
I love my HB, it's my #1 axe, and I can hear it unplugged, but the tone and volume is seriously lacking without amplification.

I'm going to leave this here for later....in case the ebay pics vanish.

37378660120_7efe263b1c_z.jpg

36926697574_e45b506006_c.jpg

it is a very interesting idea...since it is in Japan maybe this is a "couch" guitar and is recorded with a mic or something?

I will admit, the thing is pretty as hell. Love the headstock & tuner buttons.

It appears that it has a removable pickup hole cover for when someone comes to their senses....;-) Perhaps that's just an optical illusion, but I can't see the value in this particular guitar with no ability to be amplified. When someone does decide to put pickups in it, it's more holes than I would dare to put in that finish and top.

Parker had a guitar called the Cedar Bronze Fly? I believe it still had a piezo. I don't see why this one wouldn't -- it wouldn't mar the surface at all, and would match with the hollowbody build nicely, I would think.

Parker had a guitar called the Cedar Bronze Fly? I believe it still had a piezo. I don't see why this one wouldn't -- it wouldn't mar the surface at all, and would match with the hollowbody build nicely, I would think.
I knew I wasn't dreaming(I played one years ago at a local stores "Tent" sale.

Back