Private Stock from Australia?

Johan Allard

So I've started to look into getting myself a Private Stock model (cheered on by my wife as long as whatever I order has a one-piece top - I can do that :) ) and I live in Sydney. Has anyone ordered a Private Stock from Australia? Anyone know if there are any local resellers I can work with or are there any US based resellers that you know have any experience dealing with foreign orders? Anything else I should worry about or pay extra attention to?

So I've started to look into getting myself a Private Stock model (cheered on by my wife as long as whatever I order has a one-piece top - I can do that :) ) and I live in Sydney. Has anyone ordered a Private Stock from Australia? Anyone know if there are any local resellers I can work with or are there any US based resellers that you know have any experience dealing with foreign orders? Anything else I should worry about or pay extra attention to?
Pay extra attention that nobody steals your wife from you.

I can't help with the real question but congratulations in advance.

Hi Johan. I bought a prs private stock 30th anniversary cu24 from guitar factory parramatta. I found the guy there very professional to deal with. He had a reasonable range of prs in stock including the one I bought. I was amazed to find one in stock in Sydney. Had to have a Valium and a good lie down when I found out. And he accepted a 1970 Gibson Es 335 as a trade. The price was competitive, in fact cheaper than an identical (different color) model from a tx prs dealer. The exchange rate can move. I've bought three pricey guitars from the USA over the Internet and in each case it turned out ok,but clearly you have more of a relationship with the local guy. I'd use guitar factory parramatta again. I play that prs just about every day for an hour or two.

Not ps but the p245 would interest me if I needed yet another guitar, but in fact I have too many.

Not ps but the p245 would interest me if I needed yet another guitar, but in fact I have too many.

Yeah, I'm planning to get myself over there actually and have a play of that guitar. If that P245 was a one-piece top I would probably already have bought it :). I'll have a chat and see if I can order a custom build from them.

Hey Johan, I work for Guitar Factory Parramatta. Myself and two of the other staff actually ordered private stocks last year, and we've been regularly getting private stock models in for stock over the last couple of years. If you need someone to talk to we would be more than happy to help out. We're actually all so blown away with ours we're all talking about ordering another round as soon as we can afford to! :D

Hey Johan, I work for Guitar Factory Parramatta. Myself and two of the other staff actually ordered private stocks last year, and we've been regularly getting private stock models in for stock over the last couple of years. If you need someone to talk to we would be more than happy to help out. We're actually all so blown away with ours we're all talking about ordering another round as soon as we can afford to! :D

That sounds great Dylan, I can come by on Wednesday or Thursday for a chat. What did you order?

That sounds great Dylan, I can come by on Wednesday or Thursday for a chat. What did you order?

I got a regular double-cut McCarty in Tiger Eye with quilt top and flame maple neck upgrades - the other guys both got singlecut McCarty models with quilt tops. All three of us will be around those days so definitely feel free to come in and have a chat.

I got a regular double-cut McCarty in Tiger Eye with quilt top and flame maple neck upgrades - the other guys both got singlecut McCarty models with quilt tops. All three of us will be around those days so definitely feel free to come in and have a chat.

That sounds awesome Dylan. I guess it would be easy to sort of go nuts with these and in reality it's probably better to just keep things simple :).

Back